Youth Shooting Does During Youth Weekend - DeWitt County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Shooting Does During Youth Weekend - DeWitt County

Our lease is in DeWitt county and we are restricted to shooting does only during archery season. With youth weekend falling within the archery season, are they allowed to shoot does with a rifle?

Yes.

Comment

Where do you see that you can only shoot does during archery?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        I'm thinking he means that is the only legal time to shoot does for that county (without permits/MLD)

Comment

From the TPWD website:

General Season
          Nov. 4, 2017 - Jan. 7, 2018

Antlerless Deer: Antlerless deer may be taken by MLDP tag only.

We are not MLDP. It's been this way since we got on this place.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
            From the TPWD website:

General Season
            Nov. 4, 2017 - Jan. 7, 2018

Antlerless Deer: Antlerless deer may be taken by MLDP tag only.

We are not MLDP. It's been this way since we got on this place.
            Right, doesent that apply to general? I don't see the MLDP stipulation for archery.

Safe thing is to call your regional GW office. But I'd say the general rules apply to youth rifle as well

Comment

Right, doesent that apply to general? I don't see the MLDP stipulation for archery.

Safe thing is to call your regional GW office. But I'd say the general rules apply to youth rifle as well

Exactly. The stipulation doesn't apply to archery only season. We are allowed 4 deer all seasons combined. 2 antlerless and 2 bucks. Once general starts we are only allowed buck deer and that includes late muzzleloader. The rules actually specify that late muzzleloader follows the general season restrictions. No such luck on the youth weekend though.

Guess I will be making the call Monday morning. I was just hoping to pull from the TBH pool and find someone who has been through this already.

Comment

I don't read that as you are only allowed to shoot does. I read that as you can only shoot does if you have an MLDP tag. I'm with Playa. Call the possum cops.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                  Our lease is in DeWitt county and we are restricted to shooting does only during archery season.
                  Here is why I'm confused about what you are asking. Nothing in the OA states you can only shoot does in archery.

Comment

When hunting with a rifle, youth are allowed to shoot any game that is legal in the general season. I'm afraid they aren't going to be able to legally shoot does.

Comment

No, not without a permit. Join a co-op

Comment

No.

Comment

Whatever your county states for general season, same applies for youth weekend. I've looked it up. It's in there but buried somewhere in the outdoor manual under youth.

Comment

I was asking the same thing about south Gonzales county... really not a clear awnser

Comment

What ever is legal in general season is legal for youth season, is what the GW told me.

Comment

Working...
                              X