Influx of Californians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Influx of Californians

More people moved to San Antonio last year than any other metropolitan area in the US. 25, 000 to be exact. Most of which came from California. The increased traffic, development, urban sprawl, and congestion is a nightmare. Worst of all are the policies they are trying to force on this area. People from California and New York are trying to make this city like the dysfunctional ones they are fleeing from, obviously not realizing that such views and policies ultimately create the overwhelming problems they had in their former cities. This egregious problem has even earned the nickname "San Frantonio Syndrome." Furthermore, people from California are buying up the Hill Country. Some are doing so for purposes of development, and some are just buying it up and subdividing into "ranchettes" which drives up land prices and fragments habitat. It has to stop. Cities in Texas need to stop appealing to the companies in these places, and just to these places in general for immigration under the convoluted notion that growth and expansion is somehow beneficial. We need to de-incentivise their immigration. We need the opposite, and fast
    Last edited by Longue Carabine; 06-27-2017, 01:17 PM.

Don't California my Texas!

Comment

Never gonna happen. They sell a home in CA for $800 to $1mil and can pay cash here. Sold my second home to one. Paid me $8K over asking if I could be out in 5 days. I took her cash and the bonus and was out in 4. Unfortunately their money is green and that is all developers and sellers care about.

Comment

We should put a travel ban on them

Comment

Originally posted by FULL DRAW View Post
          Never gonna happen. They sell a home in CA for $800 to $1mil and can pay cash here. Sold my second home to one. Paid me $8K over asking if I could be out in 5 days. I took her cash and the bonus and was out in 4. Unfortunately their money is green and that is all developers and sellers care about.
          exactly ..... money talks

a cash deal for more money than my property appraises .... where do I sign ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            exactly ..... money talks

a cash deal for more money than my property appraises .... where do I sign ?
            House are selling for way more than appraisal around here. Quick too.

Comment

They've owned Austin for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                House are selling for way more than appraisal around here. Quick too.

direct opposite here .... oilfield crash has crippled many businesses and there are 5 houses for sale on my street within direct sight of my driveway
                Definitely a buyers market in SW LA if you have $$

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  direct opposite here .... oilfield crash has crippled many businesses and there are 5 houses for sale on my street within direct sight of my driveway
                  Definitely a buyers market in SW LA if you have $$
                  We are about to put our old house on the market for 50,000 over.
                  Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 06-27-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

No stopping it now. Doesn't bother me much save for the politics. CA is screwed up for a reason. Why on Earth would you leave CA and bring the same ridiculous political ideology with you?!?!?!

Comment

Texas has been turning into California East for sometime with all the development.....hard to turn down millions for a corn field

Comment

North Texas, especially around Plano and Frisco is the same way. Toyota moving their Corp. headquarters is one of the driving factors

Comment

Out of those 25,000 how many are actually buying real estate and how many are bums moving to the haven for hope and the streets here? Not trying to argue just curious, I know for a fact most of the homeless population in San Antonio is from anywhere but Texas. As far as splitting up the hill country it ain't just Californians doing that, it's been going on for years.

Comment

Can't argue with the housing costs. I bought my home 4 yrs ago and prices in my neighborhood have sky rocketed since then. People getting well over asking prices. That being said the BS politics they bring with them sucks. Was late for a meeting downtown yesterday because protesters were bused into town to protest the sanctuary city bill and had part of the road I needed to be on shut down. New mayor is a just another Liberal hack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been happening since 2008, too many guys walking around with purses wearing a man onesie

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X