No announcement yet.

For Those That Want Hogs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most that wished for hogs, probably only think of them as something to hunt rather than knowing how destructive they are.
    I agree with you they’re a destructive critter especially where you don’t want them like in your back yard

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
      That sucks man. Can you shoot a firearm in your area?
      Oh yes, I have killed many many hogs on our place. The neighbor kills them too but we never seem to make a dent in them.

Comment

I fell your pain, put 14 bucket loads of dirt on my yard last week trying to repair the rootin devils damage. I built a drag that stays in the yard to try to level the damage out. I need a different zero turn with a better suspension the yard is so rough.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          Never seen anyone here wish they had hogs in their yard at home.
          I will soon once the house is finished. Until the wife makes me put in expensive grass, then I may not like them so much..

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
          I have hogs on the yard at the ranch. Enjoy hunting them. I know I need professional help. Lol! Might be different if my yard looked like that. Wish i could take them from you. Lol
          You don't need help. Around our area cows do much more damage versus the pigs. And where you are there's simply not enough food to ever have tons of pigs. Maybe some will group up once in a while though.

Comment

You don't want them....unless you are out to make a buck and sell hunts....but even then it's a no win situation!

Comment

No bueno!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                I will soon once the house is finished. Until the wife makes me put in expensive grass, then I may not like them so much..

You don't need help. Around our area cows do much more damage versus the pigs. And where you are there's simply not enough food to ever have tons of pigs. Maybe some will group up once in a while though.
                Got a couple of groups of 20+ that are there everyday. Makes for nice weekend hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  I fenced 2 acres in our subdivision...........the POA hired a trapper/shooter, and still hogs roam every night!
                  I so wish I could hunt hogs at night in Clear Lake. Like around your area, they tried to trap them and shoot them in the woods next to the subdivisions. Did not make much of a dent. I just want to shoot a few.

Comment

The state needs to let us start poisoning them. They are overrunning the state

Comment

I know how you feel bro. I am in almost the exact same situation you are. House is surrounded by nothing but woods and pasture land. Lived here for 10 years before they finally got my yard (was living on borrowed time). They hammered me twice in 4 days. Put up an electric fence and they hadnt got back in the yard. They still come to the feeder about 80 yds behind the house but dont get in the yard. Took my lab a little while to figure out what a electric fence was, but he learned.

Comment

Same thing in my backyard in Corsicana. Makes for tuff mowing conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                          I know how you feel bro. I am in almost the exact same situation you are. House is surrounded by nothing but woods and pasture land. Lived here for 10 years before they finally got my yard (was living on borrowed time). They hammered me twice in 4 days. Put up an electric fence and they hadnt got back in the yard. They still come to the feeder about 80 yds behind the house but dont get in the yard. Took my lab a little while to figure out what a electric fence was, but he learned.
                          I think the electric fence is my only option to keep them out of the yard. Going to figure out how I am going to install around the gates this weekend. Really don't want to have to unhook at the driveway and gates so need to figure out something clever.

Comment

I fenced two food plots at the farm
                            Woven wire fence. Feeders in both also. PM for photos.
                            Cost about $1,500 each and lots of sweat.
                            Deer love the plots and does have kept a fawn or two there each year.
                            No hogs destroying/eating my plots now
                            We have killed over a hundred in the last year but no dent in the population.

Comment

There are a few of us on TBH that hate hogs, I have killed so many that it gets to be a sad affair. I notice right a way when these posts come up some one wants a free hog hunt . I reckon I dont understand that mentality, as hunting them will never control them.

I have thermal on a AR15, and pig hunt once a week. I can keep them scared off for few days, but they come back. A suggestion I have for you is to find out what they are rooting for and eliminate it.
                              Last edited by Radar; 05-22-2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

All I can say is, hogs in the yard, yeah, pretty bad deal.
                                Hogs at the lease, not so bad. Beavers on the other hand, are worst than hogs.
                                I'd rather have 100's of hogs than a handful of beavers!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X