STAAR Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STAAR Testing

Everyone take a wild guess how much we the Texas taxpayers paid over the last 10 years JUST for a company to create/write the STAAR test. Do not include any distribution, grading, collection, administration costs.

What would be a fair price to pay someone or a company and what did we pay?

No clue but it is a couple hundred thousand per year just for promotion tests from a test writing company for our fire Dept. So I can only imagine the bill for every public school in the state.
    Last edited by whiplash; 05-07-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Too much!

Comment

Wild guess being tax money, $100,000,000.

Comment

The STAAR has a $90 million per year tab including administration.

Comment

STAAR that's the automaton "test" Texas gives school kids? To see if they would make a better janitor or a better brain surgeon. Correct? I'm going to say $500 a year per kid.

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash View Post
              No clue but it is a couple hundred thousand per year just for promotion tests from a test writing company for our fire Dept. So I can only imagine the bill for every public school in the state.
              Well it's one test.. They don't make a different test for each school. Just one for the State.

Comment

And zero of those dollars stay in the state, let alone in the USA, Pearson is a UK company.

Comment

It’s a joke. My daughter is taking is today. She’s been stressed for a week now.

Comment

Total waste of time. That's what kids are doing now, learning how to take these type test. The biggest question. Which politicians or their campaigns,companies are getting the kickbacks?

Comment

It is a joke. Somebody is getting rich off of it. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        The STAAR has a $90 million per year tab including administration.
                        Yup, Pearson makes a killing off us

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                          Total waste of time. That's what kids are doing now, learning how to take these type test. The biggest question. Which politicians or their campaigns,companies are getting the kickbacks?
                          Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                          It is a joke. Somebody is getting rich off of it. That is all.
                          Originally posted by GarrettH View Post
                          Yup, Pearson makes a killing off us
                          Yep..

I was just surprised to see how much they were milking us for. I heard 1.1 billion for the last ten years... Geez! Huge kickbacks going to some people is obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                            It is a joke. Everybody is getting rich off of it. That is all.
                            With the exception being the state of Texas taxpayers.

Comment

Very simple solution to taking the STAAR test away and still being able to judge the kids achievements and scores as it relates to others school and the TEKS. BUT it would take $90 million out of somebodies pockets so just like term limits in Congress, it ain't going to happen.

STAAR test suck the big one! For the students and teachers! Making a student take the tests as many as 3 times and possibly go to summer school is absurd, that and put the students performance results on the test all on the teachers is absurd no matter how great the teacher is.

Comment

Working...
                              X