Transfer corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer corn

Need ideas on how to transfer corn from stand and fill feeder that are full since I’m moving leases.
    Was thinking of using a shop vac to transfer the corn to 55gallon drums then reverse the process after I let them up at the new place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long at you don’t have to pick up the 55 gal barrels. Fill them in the back of the truck or on a trailer. Even easier if you’ve got access to a tractor with a loader on it.

Comment

Put a tarp in the bed of a truck and just dump them in there. Scoop it out into a 5gal bucket and refill when you get where you're going.

Comment

Pull timer box off and let it flow into container of your choice

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBhuntin View Post
          Pull timer box off and let it flow into container of your choice

Stand and fill with the all in one varmint cage make this a difficult option

Comment

Dump it on the ground call it a loss not worth it

Comment

The animals will thank you

Comment

Scoop it out by hand into 55 gallon drums. Depending on how many feeders, how much corn and how far you are driving............. I would just consider dumping the feed right where it is and start over at the new lease.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                  Scoop it out by hand into 55 gallon drums. Depending on how many feeders, how much corn and how far you are driving............. I would just consider dumping the feed right where it is and start over at the new lease.

1200lbs.

Comment

note to self. Never buy a stand and fill that holds that much corn

Comment

Bunch of 5 gallon buckets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I remember there being some level of danger when using a leaf blower to blow corn into a feeder due to a build-up of static electricity. I don't have a clue if a similar situation could be created by sucking the corn out of a feeder with a shop vac, but it would be smart to check it out before you try it.
                        I have scooped corn out of a feeder and into empty corn sacks before, but not that many pounds. Sorry about your lease.

Comment

Had to do this last year. I put a water trough on my trailer. Backed up to feeders and scooped out with a bucket and dumped in trough. Reversed process when I got to new location.

Comment

Duct tape the crack on your truck tailgate and put it in the truck bed
                            It will be a lot easier than barrels

Comment

You'll prolly end up leaving it on the ground. You're lookin at mucho trabajo!!

Comment

Working...
                              X