To go or not to go??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To go or not to go??

Sitting here at work, watching it rain and trying to decide if I want to drive 2.5 to the lease. I know I can't hunt from my couch this weekend but with all the rain so far and more coming just can't decide. I hate to tear up the land owner's road more than it already is but can't stand to sit at home during the season. Especially since I know I won't be able to go next weekend.

Go, never know what will come out.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I can't decide.

Comment

I had that thought, then I realized that I get a very seldom few weekends to hunt. You don't get to re-live this weekend, so you'd better do it right the first time!

Comment

Go or sit and wonder. I had a big 9 pass by my blind this morning chasing a doe. Unfortunately he never came back.

Comment

Did talk to landowner and he basically gave me his blessing and said not to worry about the roads. So that might have just made my mind up for me.

Comment

I'm going between brownwood and Brady tonight. It's gonna be nasty but maybe he'll walk out

Comment

Im undecided also. I know I can get into camp, it's down hill. But getting truck and 16' trailer turned around and back up hill to the gate is really the subject of doubt. Ranger will prolly take me anywhere I want to travel on lease but I've cross lease with 14-16" of water and that's spooky when you can't see the trails.

Comment

I had planned to go but when I saw the high for Saturday was only 40 degrees and the low is right around freezing that helped me decide. Add all day rain to that and it means no fun. No sitting around the campfire at night or any of that. It's gonna be real cold. And real wet. So I will wait till next weekend. Besides, I have two deer in the freezer so that pressure is off.

Good luck to those of you who choose to go this weekend.

Comment

I guess I am not as dedicated as I once was. A little rain does not bother me nor does the cold, but when combined all I can think about it slopping around in the mud wishing I was home watching football. I am going to wait for a better forecast.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                      I had planned to go but when I saw the high for Saturday was only 40 degrees and the low is right around freezing that helped me decide. Add all day rain to that and it means no fun. No sitting around the campfire at night or any of that. It's gonna be real cold. And real wet. So I will wait till next weekend. Besides, I have two deer in the freezer so that pressure is off.

Good luck to those of you who choose to go this weekend.

That weather paired with peak rut sounds like a deer hunting dream. Maybe it's not peak rut where your lease is but I'm more about the hunt than the campfire stories. Each to their own though I understand if you're more about the hanging out a away from everyone. I'm a super quiet loner type so I don't think about that stuff

Comment

I could kill a big buck from our living room at the ranch, the house is as good a blind as we have, problem is i would need jetcopter 820 to get us into the ranch.

Comment

We spent thanksgiving 20 minutes from our lease, and I'm not even going lol. On our way back now. Not going to lie, it was tough driving right by the lease, but the roads are going to be a complete wreck. I don't like sitting at camp watching it rain either.

Comment

I stayed home this weekend. Finally getting over this sinus infection, my older boy is fighting off a cold right now and neither of us need to be out in the near freezing rain all weekend to bring them back full swing.

Comment

If I had a place to go hunt I'd go. Always worth going out imo

Comment

Working...
                              X