Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$250 for Elk Euro...does this seem about right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$250 for Elk Euro...does this seem about right?

In prep for my Sept elk hunt I was looking at my after hunt expenses such as meat processing and taxidermy (I'm an optimist)! Well I called my local guy who has done my whitetails and he quoted me $250 for an elk euro on a board (no drift wood or anything special). Does this seem about right? My gut says its a bit high, but just wanted to see.

Theres a lot more that goes into a good euro than most people think. Price sounds reasonable to me.

Comment

That’s about what I charge.

Comment

Great price.

Comment

Sounds about right

Comment

If youre that big an optimist, I'd be pricing shoulder mounts.

Price sounds fair.

Comment

As someone who expected to come home with an elk last year, I suggest crossing that bridge when you get there lol.

I would have to see the taxi work in order to determine if $250 is high.

Comment

If a whitetail just to have the skull bleached with no plaque Runs about 120-130$ I would say 250$ is about right.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                  If youre that big an optimist, I'd be pricing shoulder mounts.

Price sounds fair.
                  But the realist parts of me knows that I don't have the ceiling height to properly display a full shoulder mount...so euro it will be.

Comment

Comment

No it doesn't seem right. It's too low.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                        But the realist parts of me knows that I don't have the ceiling height to properly display a full shoulder mount...so euro it will be.
                        Be a real optimist and buy a lotto ticket on the way home and then raise your ceiling!

Comment

I've done a few skull mounts of my own. They are very time consuming. $250 is a fair price.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                            No it doesn't seem right. It's too low.
                            If a $150 is a "reasonable" price for a beetled and degreased white-tail skull, I would expect an Elk to have a much higher cost than just a hundred bucks more.... so not even knowing the standard rate... I'd instantly agree with you.

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            As someone who expected to come home with an elk last year, I suggest crossing that bridge when you get there lol.

I would have to see the taxi work in order to determine if $250 is high.
                            Exactly... I've seen various prices and various quality... sometimes the price matches the quality... and sometimes it don't.

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                            I've done a few skull mounts of my own. They are very time consuming. $250 is a fair price.
                            Again, never done one other than hogs, deer, and javis... and yeah, I'd think an elk would be substantially more work... as long as we are assuming you are trying to do a good job.

Comment

my whitetail with plaque was 160, id say its high but not by much

Comment

Working...
                              X