Son got fired today!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son got fired today!!!

Well my son is a School teacher out in Calif. and yes I know why Calif. but that's where he is at so I just have to deal with it. But anyway called me last week and said he was put on paid leave cause he had got on to some boys for bullying, these are 10 year olds, any way one went home and told parents, they called the school and complained that he talked harsh to there kid so they put him on leave till they could investigate the case, any way they called him today and told him they were letting him go cause you just can't talk that way to the kids, boy has things changed since I was in school, I would have got my butt tore up by my Dad and then he would have called and thanked teacher for what he done, and they wonder what's wrong with are kids today. Please pray that my Son finds a job and that Good Lord will take care of him, he has had a rough go at it financially the last few years and has been doing well with this job and now has not got one and trying to find a teaching job at this time of year is going to be tough.

God Bless
    Bish

That sux. Prayers up for him Bish!

Comment

Yeah that's crazy. Good luck to him in finding a replacement job.

Comment

The way people are moving into Texas and building schools, he could probably come back here and get a job teaching.

Comment

It sucks. And I'm sorry it happened. But... if there was more teachers like your son, a lot of it would cut out. I'm only 37, but grew up in the country. Those bully's need a good ol $$$ whooping. Just saying..

Comment

Teachers can get away with almost anything in tx, crazy he got canned for something so small in cali.

Comment

I'd be glad that I'm no longer part of that type of system. I'd never want to be a teacher in this day and age.

Comment

What did he say to them?

Comment

How is your son taking it?

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                    Teachers can get away with almost anything in tx, crazy he got canned for something so small in cali.
                    Ummm....no!

I do agree it is embarrassing that he got fired for this. Our country changed when corporal punishment went out the door

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      Ummm....no!

I do agree it is embarrassing that he got fired for this. Our country changed when corporal punishment went out the door
                      Ummm....yes. My mom is in administration in one of the largest school districts in Texas. It is hard to fire teachers/administrators short of physical interaction.

Comment

He just really talked to them and told them they were doing wrong, said he even called and talked to parents and thought everything was ok, but this is one of those private schools where family's are very well off, and kids probably spoiled rotten and never get told no.

God Bless

Comment

You said California. That's all I had to hear...tell him come teach here in Texas!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
                            He just really talked to them and told them they were doing wrong, said he even called and talked to parents and thought everything was ok, but this is one of those private schools where family's are very well off, and kids probably spoiled rotten and never get told no.

God Bless
                            The private school part explains it. Hopefully he is able to find a new gig before long.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                              Ummm....yes. My mom is in administration in one of the largest school districts in Texas. It is hard to fire teachers/administrators short of physical interaction.
                              If that's the case, I sure wish she was in charge of my wife's school district. I'm not doubting you but it has been a completely different experience in our district.

Comment

Working...
                              X