No announcement yet.

Rage broadhead and shoulder shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still shoot the old School 3-blade rage broadheads, punch through deer shoulders, sockets not a problem, I shoot through mesh netting out of my blinds not a problem.
    Great broadheads

Comment

If perfectly broadside I bust them through both shoulders and have used Rage since they came out. But I try to let them quarter away a bit and then bust it through the off shoulder. Only issues I have had with archery have been my fault, and shooting them too far forward has been the worse.

Comment

shoulder is fine, as long as you don't go too far forward or too low. Everything else is gravy. Heart and lungs on just about any animal you shoot.
        Attached Files

Comment

It doesn't matter if you even hit them with a rage, they die from all the lightning strikes cast upon them

Comment

Might as well use a blunt tip

Comment

Only deer I ever lost with a rage was because it disappeared in a mushroom cloud of blood

Comment

go heavy & single bevel and do not worry about the bones.

Comment

I hit several shoulders with rage. love them. sometimes on doe's it makes them look like they are going to fall backwards, it hits them so hard......just sayin

Comment

Using a Rage is like going for a 2 point conversion, when they work they are awesome and you could not be happier. The problem is that if everything is not perfect, they don't work. Use Ramcat

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylab View Post
                      I would avoid a shoulder shot with ANY broadhead. There are better places to shoot them just 2 inches back.
                      ^^^THIS!!^^^

The ONLY shot I will take on a deer is heart/lung broadside or slightly quartering away. Be patient and the perfect shot will usually present itself.

Comment

rage broadheads blow

Comment

Opens every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I threw all my rage junks in the trash.

Comment

ATTENTION:

PM ME IF YOU WANT TO GET RID OF YOUR RAGE BROADHEADS. I WILL DISPOSE OF THE PROPERLY.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Shoulder shots are for high powered rifles and not bows. That statement ought to get someone’s panties in a wad.

Comment

Working...
                                X