Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farthest you’ve tried shooting subsonic 300BO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farthest you’ve tried shooting subsonic 300BO?

Really just asking about hitting a target more so than hunting. Was checking out some 220gr HPBT with a 0.69 BC and wondered if you could score hits on paper or steel reliably at 200 with those loaded to 1050fps. Looks like they’d be about 4ft low at 200 with a 50yd zero, lol. I’ve got a 8.5” barrel and a red dot so even seeing the target would be tricky.

Lol 50 yards or so....

Comment

Not me, but I a guy that I've hunted with, said he shoots his SBR supressed 300BO out to 500 yards, and hits bowling pins. He didn't say if the rounds were subsonic or supersonic.

He's a very Godly man and I have no reason to doubt his claim.

Comment

I dont know about 300 but I killed an axis a couple weeks ago with a 223 sub at about 40 yards. He walked about 30 yards and fell over dead.

Comment

300 yards on a torso shaped target (lieutenant dan) with 300blk subs is no problem

Comment

I can throw one about 70 yards.

Comment

I shoot subs out of my 10.5” SBR to 200 fairly regularly on steel. I’ve got the rifle zeroed with supersonics, and just dial the come up. I’ve shot subs out of a 300 Blk bolt gun out to 600-700 yds on steel with a buddy’s rifle. 500 yds and in on a calm day wasn’t too bad once you’ve got your elevation doped. Past that was a crapshoot for the most part with the elevation maxed, and still using the reticle for holdover. Like calling in artillery. We weren’t shooting for groups, just minute of steel. It was a heck of a lot of fun, and quiet.

Comment

I can hit a 4” plate consistently with a 8” 300blk shooting the 265s the only load development was making sure they were subsonic and would cycle. I’m sure I could make it better.

Shooting 200 yards I’m sure it can be done people shoot pistols that far so why not.

Comment

With a 50 yard zero, the 220 AMAX leaving at 1050 fps will have a come up of almost 12 mils at 350 yards. Know your dope, dial and send it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                    I dont know about 300 but I killed an axis a couple weeks ago with a 223 sub at about 40 yards. He walked about 30 yards and fell over dead.

sub-sonic 223, so basically a 22 Long Rifle....

Who even loads a 223 sub?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      sub-sonic 223, so basically a 22 Long Rifle....

Who even loads a 223 sub?
                      Basically, but heavier bullet and not as loud. There's several suppliers and lots of reloading data.

Comment

I hit a jackrabbit at 280 yards with 300blk subs. Shot first round to gauge the holdover and nailed him with second round.

Comment

I saw another one on youtube that I thought was closer to 500yds.

I personally don't think I would try it on anything other than a pig

Comment

Working...
                          X