AZ Coues Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cpatterson View Post
    Headed over there for the same hunt in January. Can't beat the tag prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The prices are pretty cheap there. Last time I went to Montana it was over $1k for my tags.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
      The prices are pretty cheap there. Last time I went to Montana it was over $1k for my tags.
      yes sir, im doing the DIY with a buddy also and looking forward to it!

Comment

yes sir, im doing the DIY with a buddy also and looking forward to it!
        what unit are you going to?

Comment

We hunt AZ late archery every year and I love it.. We don't typically chase Coues, but we typically see plenty of them..

Comment

I'd love to do the OTC but it looks like a super tough hunt for archery. On the list!

Comment

From what I have read you can buy your hunting license, OTC archery tag, and then put in for the draw the next season and you dont have to purchase the hunting license again since its good for 365 days. Not 100% on that, but I think I read that right.

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                From what I have read you can buy your hunting license, OTC archery tag, and then put in for the draw the next season and you dont have to purchase the hunting license again since its good for 365 days. Not 100% on that, but I think I read that right.
                The thing to check on is there extra tags that nobody drew on. There is a lot of that, keeps you from buying your license until you know you have a tag. And yes, good for 365 from date of purchase. They also do day license, 20 bucks a day

Comment

Take plastic baggies to put your license in, they do a paper license and tag system that is all hand written (unless that has changed in the past two years). I had a tag get destroyed from a leaking water bottle.

Comment

this is a dream hunt for me

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                      this is a dream hunt for me
                      Not crazy hard to set up. They have 3 over the counter bow seasons per year. Starts in Jan, then again in August, then again in December. The guys that are going in Jan can go in august or december as well (if they don't tag out)

Comment

Headed over there for the same hunt in January. Can't beat the tag prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        What unit are you going to be at when you’re there?

I’m all kinds of fired up about this trip.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

AZ Coues Hunt

I only have a 2 wheel drive, but also have a Ranger I can trailer out there. I've been talking about this for a couple years, but can't seem to figure out if I can drive the Ranger around on the dirt roads or not. Anybody know the answer to that one?

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                              I only have a 2 wheel drive, but also have a Ranger I can trailer out there. I've been talking about this for a couple years, but can't seem to figure out if I can drive the Ranger around on the dirt roads or not. Anybody know the answer to that one?
                              Just asked my buddy in AZ and he said not in the hunt areas. I’m surprised about that because in Montana it’s not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                                Not crazy hard to set up. They have 3 over the counter bow seasons per year. Starts in Jan, then again in August, then again in December. The guys that are going in Jan can go in august or december as well (if they don't tag out)
                                Also, sense I bought my license in September I can hunt the August season without purchasing a new license, not exactly sure if I would have to purchase the August tag.
                                I’ll take plenty of pic’s and if there’s a enough good video I’ll link it too.
                                If I don’t kill this hunt I might try the August season and if anyone wants to go let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X