Interesting Artifact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Artifact

This was found in Tilden a little while ago. I was curious he old something like this would be. I’ve been told what it is but want to see if anyone has any guesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm.

Comment

Looks like a oil, talo, candle. Oil goes in hole.

Comment

I dont know. it looks like it might have been a fossil that eroded out. May well have been used as a bow drill holder after that. Cool item anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          I dont know. it looks like it might have been a fossil that eroded out. May well have been used as a bow drill holder after that. Cool item anyway.
          Was hoping you would chime in. We were told that it was a paint pot. When they were painting pottery or whatever, they would use this for their paint. Kind of cool.

Comment

Too small for a nutting bowl ????? I don't know. Was this found in an area where you've found other artifacts? Got any more pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
              Too small for a nutting bowl ????? I don't know. Was this found in an area where you've found other artifacts? Got any more pictures?
              Was told it was a paint pot. Yes we have found arrowheads and things out on the ranch. Not many but they are there. We are just really bad at finding them. Unfortunately it is the only picture I have.

Comment

It is an artifact. i can see the wear in the bottom of the hole. It could have been used as a paint pot for sure. the spin wear in the bottom makes me think it was used as a bow drill/firestarter hole. I think it was a fossil picked up and repurposed.

Comment

Tiny molcajete?

Comment

Originally posted by WT View Post
                    Tiny molcajete?
                    I think it is just too small for that. At first glance I thought of that but it just isn't big enough.

Comment

That is cool, I like those kind of artifacts almost more than points. Nice find

Comment

Working...
                      X