Decision between F-250 and Tundra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decision between F-250 and Tundra

I’m trying to get into a new truck. Prior I had a Tundra and I loved it, got totaled in an accident and now I’m deciding if I want to get into another Tundra or an F-250.

My dad is thinking of getting into a new F-250 so he would pass me on his. I’d owe like $40k. 2016 with 50k Miles. 6.7. It’s a King ranch so the interior is nice as well.

The tundra I’m looking at is a TRD pro with 20k miles which would also put me at $40k.

My biggest question would be, how long have you guys had your diesel fords go to? As capable to off road as a tundra?

The only towing I do is back and forth to the lease. The F-250 would help since my tundra did sag a few times on the 6 hr trips.

I’m trying to convince myself to get the 250 but something keeps bringing me back to Tundra.

The F250 is a no brainer ever the Tundra any day of the week.

Comment

Never had a Tundra, but love my 6.7 Ford. I don't off-road, but do take it hunting, to the lease, down muddy roads, etc and have found, like with my former gasser engine, that with good tires, I don't get stuck.

The power in the 6.7 is really good, especially once you delete it. And I would suggest doing that as soon as you can.

I'll keep mine until it blows up.

Comment

Tundra unless you know a good cheep diesel mechanic. My last Fix Or Repair Daily was a 2006, and I had an extra 10k in repairs to the engine before I dumped it. Only 150K on the truck. Never will I drive another.

Comment

Originally posted by Booger74 View Post
          Tundra unless you know a good cheep diesel mechanic. My last Fix Or Repair Daily was a 2006, and I had an extra 10k in repairs to the engine before I dumped it. Only 150K on the truck. Never will I drive another.
          You are referring to the Navistar 6.0 diesel in a 12 year old truck. The op has stated his choices between a 2016 6.7 diesel Ford verse a tundra. Fuel mileage will be slightly better in the Ford but fuel also cost more. Longevity is yet to be determined but the 6.7 seems to have quite a few on the road already over 200,000 miles. Resale that Ford will have a much higher value 10 years from now then the tundra, being diesel and having a higher GVWR. If you're not going to be Towing that often then you might be happier in the tundra if you have never owned a diesel before. They are both great trucks and I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Comment

Originally posted by Booger74 View Post

It was a 6.0 lol I had one with 207k on it when I sold it, now I drive a 7.3 with 425k on it, and soon to be purchasing a 2015-16 6.7. I bet you had a chip on that 6.0 didn’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
              It was a 6.0 lol I had one with 207k on it when I sold it, now I drive a 7.3 with 425k on it, and soon to be purchasing a 2015-16 6.7. I bet you had a chip on that 6.0 didn’t you?

You did not have to have a chip on a 2006 6.0 to have major problems.. Spent 12 grand on mine @ 120,000 miles.

Comment

I had a 2001 Tundra. Sold it at 318,000 miles. Super dependable truck. Not the same Tundra that are made today. I was on the fence between a new 2016 F250 Lariat with a sticker price of 53k or a new 2017 Tundra at around 48K. I hold on to trucks as long as possible so I wanted to make the best decision. I went with the 250. We have a gooseneck for cattle and now to haul horses elk hunting so that factored into the decision. I have 22k miles on it and so far so good. I can't say which would last longer, diesel or the gas engine, but most people don't hold on to them long enough to find out.

Towing stuff with the F250 is awesome. More power than I will ever need.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  You did not have to have a chip on a 2006 6.0 to have major problems.. Spent 12 grand on mine @ 120,000 miles.

I bet over 50% had a chip on theirs that had problems..... but anyways mine was all stock except for a straight pipe and never had to dump much money in it!

Comment

My opinion is go with the F250, ford did it right with the 6.7. Higher resale value especially if it’s a king ranch, you will have all the power you will need, and it’ll be nice to haul your stuff to the lease. Fuel mileage should be around 15-16 versus 12-14 on the tundra!

Comment

In this case, I would go with the FORD. I had a 2015 6.7 that I loved. No problems.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                        I bet over 50% had a chip on theirs that had problems..... but anyways mine was all stock except for a straight pipe and never had to dump much money in it!

I only know 3 guys who had 6.fails. 100% of them had issues

OP get the oil burner and skip the tundra

Comment

Ford

Comment

I have a 2014 Tundra Crewmax, bought new Nov. 2013, and have not had to turn wrench other than regular maintenance in over 100k miles. Best truck I've ever owned although I haven't owned an F250 so I can't speak for them, I can only say that I love my Tundra and it has never let me down. Mine did sag when towing but I bought some firestone ride-rite air springs and installed them myself, making it a relatively cheap mod and one of the best mods I've ever done on any truck I've had. I'd recommend anybody add them on any truck. If you don't have a heavy foot the gas mileage on the Tundra does just fine, in my opinion.

Comment

sold my 2010 tundra with 140k miles a month ago for 18500$
                              got another one mainly bc of the incentive and 38g fuel tank.... I added air bags to the rear and i can tow a trailer with 2 pallets and one in the bed. air bags are your friend and are easy to install in one afternoon

Comment

Working...
                              X