No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are ducks, but not a lot. More and more cormorants each year, but they are not a game bird, and well nigh inedible anyway.

Comment

Hey all, new member. First time caller, long time listener...whatever. I've been hunting ducks on Granger for several years. Last year, at the close of duck season, I got interested in hog hunting there. Been out a couple of times but no luck (it was really half hearted attempt anyhow). I was wondering if anyone on here would be interested in taking a newbie under their wing and show me the ropes of Granger Hogs for a hunt or two. I'm not looking for anyone's secret spot, nor am I looking to bring out a ton of buddies. I just want to learn the common strategies "unwritten" rules of hunting out there. planning to give it a quick try this Friday afternoon. Anyone willing to join me?

Comment

Originally posted by Clebba View Post
        Hey all, new member. First time caller, long time listener...whatever. I've been hunting ducks on Granger for several years. Last year, at the close of duck season, I got interested in hog hunting there. Been out a couple of times but no luck (it was really half hearted attempt anyhow). I was wondering if anyone on here would be interested in taking a newbie under their wing and show me the ropes of Granger Hogs for a hunt or two. I'm not looking for anyone's secret spot, nor am I looking to bring out a ton of buddies. I just want to learn the common strategies "unwritten" rules of hunting out there. planning to give it a quick try this Friday afternoon. Anyone willing to join me?
        Come on out, you can learn everything you need in one fun filled weekend!

GRXH 2019: Join the caravan!

Comment

well, I've been interested in that. Heard about it a few years back while fishing and camping at the primitive. I may very well give it a whirl this year.

in the meantime. If I go out there this Friday, should I just scout and stalk or set up a blind/stand and a feeder/bait pile. I am concerned about the later with deer season going on.

Comment

well, I've been interested in that. Heard about it a few years back while fishing and camping at the primitive. I may very well give it a whirl this year.

in the meantime. If I go out there this Friday, should I just scout and stalk or set up a blind/stand and a feeder/bait pile. I am concerned about the later with deer season going on.

Feed is fine but it’s not very helpful until the pigs know that spot as a place they can find food, need to be pretty regular with where you are spreading it so they get used to that area having food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bring yoself.

You will not regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                If you live close enough field dress and take the intact carcass with you. If you're camping on site I read they don't want you butchering animals in public view. So quarter and put in game bags to the cooler.

Travis we did right. Fed the other wildlife [emoji106][emoji2533]

Clean them in the field or cart to truck and clean wherever u want. They just ask that ur not cleaning them in the park at a rented campsite! Might be some snowflakes around!!

Comment

100$ and thats cheap. Jk. Lol

Comment

Thank you for the info. I will probably gut it in the field and finish up at the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodray12 View Post
                      Thank you for the info. I will probably gut it in the field and finish up at the house.

The critters will appreciate it!

Comment

Went out this morning for awhile, saw 3 hogs but they were in a hurry to get somewhere. Saw a plethora of deer, some nice bucks too, they appear to be rutting.

Comment

Hunted saturday, busted out a sounder of 10 or so of them and missed a small bacon seed at about 15 yards. #tradlifeproblems

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                            100$ and thats cheap. Jk. Lol
                            I was reaching for my wallet..

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                              Hunted saturday, busted out a sounder of 10 or so of them and missed a small bacon seed at about 15 yards. #tradlifeproblems

Were you at gate 7? I saw 2 hunters bust a sounder of about 10 while I was in my tree stand. Some good size hogs too

Comment

Originally posted by JWeaver2 View Post
                                Were you at gate 7? I saw 2 hunters bust a sounder of about 10 while I was in my tree stand. Some good size hogs too

Nah, I came in at Gate 9

Comment

Working...
                                X