THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
    My dad and papa showed up today to hunt till Wednesday and my dad saw a spike and a yearling doe. But some dude setup 75 on the trail the deer take to where my papa was sitting so he didn’t see anything. What’s ticks me off is I saw the guy yesterday morning at his camp and stopped to talk to them. They asked where I was huntin so that they wouldn’t interfere with me. So I showed them the exact spots on a map. Well the first thing he does when I leave for lunch is go right to my 2 spots. And he set up right in between them. Said he saw my corn from that morning but he figured it was from several days ago( yeah right corn won’t last overnight out there). So he’s got the spot all screwed up. I hate people like that

And to top it all off these ***** Wipes left a bunch a trash behind when they broke camp today. I didn’t think about it when I drove by them but I should have taken a pic of them and the plates in case this happened. I stopped on my way in to congrats them on their harvest and went in to hunt. They were gone when I left and was ****** to see what they left. I picked up all the trash on my way out tonight. I hate people that trash the woods. I hope any tics the deer they shot attach to the underside of their sacks and their nuts fall off. They don’t need them anyway. Real men don’t leave trash for others to clean up. I don’t understand how you can say you love the outdoors and hunting yet trash the very place you claim to love. Defies all logic. Did I mention how much I loath people like this?

Comment

Where in area 9 have you been seeing the
      Turkey? I've come across them a couple times, but have only seen them sprinting across a trail. And I'm with everyone else, past few days only been seeing one or two spikes.

Comment

Very west side of 6 had a lot of turkey in August. I dont know how things are now with the water level being so high. I've seen a lot of deer moving like clock work during the day. The problem is that it's only spikes and yearlings. Largest deer I have seen was a 4 point maybe the size of a mature doe.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah I was in 6 on Sunday and couldn't believe how high the water is now. It was cold enough, but didn't see anything that evening. I'll have to check the west side and see if I can find some turkey if I can't find any deer!

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowman2015 View Post
            Where in area 9 have you been seeing the
            Turkey? I've come across them a couple times, but have only seen them sprinting across a trail. And I'm with everyone else, past few days only been seeing one or two spikes.

In the area to the right of sidewalk.

Comment

Dang it’s cold this morning.... y’all need to start trying to rattle.... on a scale of 1-10 of aggressive rattle... start around 2-3 and work your way to 6-7... don’t just smash shït together just yet, still alittle early. Stay warm gents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That one'll do!

Comment

Nice buck JD

Comment

That's a great looking buck! Congrats! Was that on the public land? Gonna have to give the rattling a shot!

Comment

Anyone seeing anything good? Went out last night and only saw a couple does with babies still running along with them. Hope everyone is having better luck than me.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowman2015 View Post
                        Anyone seeing anything good? Went out last night and only saw a couple does with babies still running along with them. Hope everyone is having better luck than me.
                        Lots of movement on camera in the mornings for the past 4-5 days very little evening activitiy. Good bucks still coming in at night mostly.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll give it a go tomorrow morning and hopefully have some pictures to post. I figured they were still at night. Haven't seen anything bigger than some fork bucks during the day.

Comment

Has anyone killed any good bucks out at buttes so far? I know not everyone follows this forum, but surely someone knows of someone killing a good deer.

Comment

Howhandi knocked a buck down

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
                                Howhandi knocked a buck down

Good deal! Just haven’t saw much going on, on the forum. Congrats HowHandi!

Comment

Working...
                                X