Record Rack Deer Nuggets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Record Rack Deer Nuggets

Is anyone using the RR Deer Nuggets vs. an extruded protein pellet ? Results ? Deer consumption ?

Deer love em ALL YEAR! They chose deer nuggets over corn during the fall and made a noticible difference in the antler growth on my leases. I had 2 leases one was about 1,600 acres the other was only 320 and I was able to pull deer from across the fence......A+++ in my book!

Comment

camo - did you feed them in a spin feeder or did you use a traditional protein free-choice feeder ?

Comment

Wellington, I fed once last year they ate 5 sacks in about 2 weeks. At $11.00 a sack I could not afford it. I used free choice feeder. We are in SE Childress Co.

Comment

I've been using it for 2 yrs. now. I mix it 50/50 w corn in a spin cast feeder. Deer love it, hit all year, even during spring. I mix it because it will clog by itself unless you alter spout, plus it saves me a little ($11/bag). But I do recommend it.

Comment

do ya'll think that it is a better attractant vs a pure protein ? I read threads all the time how it takes months for deer to start hitting a protein feeder on a regular basis; thus, leading to the question on whether those that have used this product think the the deer take to this easier.

Comment

They will jump all over it. If it were cheaper I'd be throwing it out of every feeder I have.

Comment

They did not like the Antler Max on our place. Going to try something else this year.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                  camo - did you feed them in a spin feeder or did you use a traditional protein free-choice feeder ?
                  Sorry to just answer. I have several protien fedders that I would put it in. Most of my feeders are the teo barrel feeders. One set up for protien and the other is set with a spincast feeder. I believe it says you can throw it out of a spin feedr.

Comment

been mixin it with corn in spin feeders for yrs with no problems. deer,pigs,coons,squirells,birds etc love the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Dc78 View Post
                      They did not like the Antler Max on our place. Going to try something else this year.
                      Got my feeder fillled with Antlermax 20 right now and I am not sure that they are taking to it very well. Although I realize the green pastures may have something to do with it, but consumption of the Antlermax is really low.

Comment

We had two feeders out with Antler Max in them finally dumped out on ground. Hogs liked it. We mixed with corn when we put in free choice feeder.

Comment

Follow up: You made mention of protein vs. nuggets, etc. I have a protein free choice feeder up as well, they will hit the corn/nugg. first before they even look at protein, even then, out of the 7-8 reg deer I have coming in, only about 2 of them go to protein. I varify this by camera, etc.

Comment

tef - that kinda verifies what I have been thinking. I think that I am going to try to switch to RR Deer Nugget mixed with a little corn as soon as that Antlermax runs out. However, at this rate, it may be Christmas before they eat all of that Antlermax 20.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                              do ya'll think that it is a better attractant vs a pure protein ? I read threads all the time how it takes months for deer to start hitting a protein feeder on a regular basis; thus, leading to the question on whether those that have used this product think the the deer take to this easier.
                              They took to eating Red Chain feeds out of Gorman almost immediately even with everything being as green as it is. the best part about the stuff is that its 20% protein and only cost like $7.50 a bag!!!!!
                              Last edited by Russ; 06-01-2010, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X