Feed in Ft. Worth area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feed in Ft. Worth area

I'm intrigued by the Black Eyed pea as deer feed. Does anyone know if, and / or, where peas can be bought in 50# bags in the Ft. Worth area? or maybe a nice corn / pea mix? If so, price & location por favor? Gracias...

All I can say about the black-eyed peas - whatever you dont let them meet any moisture in your feeder !

From experience, black-eyed peas and water in a 55 gallon deer feeder barrel turns into a black, fly infested, rotting goo that will take a trip to a coin operated car wash to solve. Feed the peas in something other than your automatic feeder.

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhh. Thanks for the heads up...

Comment

im curious also where this can be found! The more and more research (google) i am doing, the more i find about corn not being as sutible dietary suppliment as most thought.

I know there would be a crazy market out there for this type of product, expecially if it is more cost-effective that corn/protein.

Comment

Here are some Black Eyed Peas.
          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSD4vsh1zDA"]YouTube- Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling[/ame]

Comment

Try the feed mill in burleson. Pretty cheap on everything.

Comment

http://redchainfeeds.com/dealers.html

Take a look. Depending on your location. Maybe some of these dealers stock peas.

Comment

Feed store in Haslet has some.

Comment

do you recall if it is any cheaper than protein/corn?

Comment

We used to get them through Bradberry's in Dublin but I think they ordered them as you can from Turner seed in Breckenridge.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by peacockoutdoors View Post
                      here are some black eyed peas.
                      youtube- black eyed peas - i gotta feeling
                      ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
                      fergie!!!!!

Comment

want to try black eyes peas in next few years also, corn is an attractant and not nutrition as it only has carbs really for energy

Comment

Russell's feed with 6 locations in ft worth can get them if they dont have them. But most people plant them along fence rolls and they grow up in vines and the deer love them. they have two types reg. and one called iron clay which or cheaper than reg. talk to Randy at jacksboro store. Regular peas run around $50.00 a 50 lb bag but not sure call randy

Comment

Working...
                          X