Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardware, wires and installing: Bring out the worst in anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware, wires and installing: Bring out the worst in anyone else?

Just something about it- matching nuts with bolts, bolts too short or not enough threads, cramped spaces that eliminate use of power tools, lacking enough screws, weak cordless batteries, awkward units, bumps, bruises--not to mention when everything's spread out I have a hard time relocating it--becomes very disorganized quickly. I get it done, but it's not a pretty display.
    I'm usually a pretty calm natured guy, but I became worried about myself after a small winch install effort. Temper, foul language, defeatism, throwing things, pleading with God, etc...Neighbors out for a stroll with intimidated looks on their faces.
    Anyone else suffer from this quite specific malady? There should be a name for it...Really respect the people with the patience, skill and foresight for this..
    Last edited by fritztown; 07-05-2018, 03:17 PM.

Hmmm, you just described my job as an aircraft mechanic. Lol.

Comment

What drives me crazy worse than anything is when they include ultra-cheap fasteners in the assembly kit. In homeowner grade stuff they always have those fragile Chinese screws that strip-out when you put the slightest torque on them — makes me say bad words and throw things.

Comment

When I start loosing my temper with something like that I usually just walk away

Seems like the more frustrated and mad I get the more things work against me

Can't tell you how many times I have walked away and come back after I am calmed down and whatever it is goes a lot smoother

Comment

In fact, it WAS the included hardware- bolts too short, wiring way too short. Should've waited but plowed ahead.

Comment

Working...
          X