Hand corn help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
    Hand corn is the best way to go if you can keep it on the ground. I usually like to go out and put more out about every 4 days if you have a lot of activity on it they will eat a 50lb bag in about 3 days . The deer are not going to circle down wind from it as much either like they do feeders .

This is what I’ve done, I don’t understand how people can throw out a handful when they get in the stand and have deer on it quickly. I’ve always kept a steady supply out.

Comment

My best luck has been hand corning trails down wind of established feeders. I've noticed older bucks and boar often cruise within sight/smell of feeders looking for love. These same animals will eat hand corn but don't visit the feeders.

Comment

I have a tree that deer are there everyday when the acorns drop. I hand corn it every time I am up there. The deer have been showing almost every day even though it gets corn twice a week or so and this has been the case for over 2 years.

Comment

Hand a quiet feeder high in the tree. The onlyy sound you here is the corn hitting the ground. There is a thread on here about it and was used to kill the biggest buck on our place. Just magic nuggets every morning and no sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Take em View Post
            Hand a quiet feeder high in the tree. The onlyy sound you here is the corn hitting the ground. There is a thread on here about it and was used to kill the biggest buck on our place. Just magic nuggets every morning and no sound.

I took a moultrie hanging feeder apart the other day and sprayed the spinner and surrounding areas with rubber coating. It quieted it down very well and I look forward to using it

Comment

Working...
            X