Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Hogs have vanished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the title states I wished they would become extinct.

Comment

I haven’t seen many at my feeders in Diboll since March. Maybe Covid-19 got them? I put up “hog panel” feeder pens, but they would still come in for what was thrown outside. Since the end of April there are only pics of a few singles coming in, no mommas with babies in toe. I sat until 10:00 Friday night and nothing. Saturday morning I got a late start and didn’t get to my stand until 5:55am. At 6:15 a boar came to the hand corn and my Weatherby .270 did its job. #908 is down.
      Attached Files

Comment

The hogs have been kind of allusive the last few months.

Comment

Hell I'd be more than happy to never see a hog again. I don't eat those nasty things.

Comment

There all over here, come get these bastages

Comment

I used to enjoy hunting the occasional hog, but now they are a thorn in my side. Truly a nightmare to try to bowhunt around with corn.

Comment

Good riddance

Comment

Same in Bell co. I think they are in the corn fields.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                    I had hods on my property in Lampasas on a pretty regular basis and they usually came in small sounders of 8-12 every few nights. Last ones I saw were back in January and now NADA. I've put out some hog-specific bait and the only thing eating it is coons. I programmed my feeder to go off at midnight and I'm putting down a good bit of corn but, again, just coons and the occasional whitetail night owl. I am going to put out some grape koolaid spoiled corn and see if I can get their noses.

I've seen quite a bit of damage along the the water where they have rooted around within 50 yards of the feeder.

Any suggestions on getting them to come regular-like? I have PLENTY of water as the tank is overflowing. I have oaks and had tons of acorns over the new year. There are 1000s of acres surrounding me so it's not a "scared off by man" thing.

I would add water stations for them. If you have water on your property, is your feeder near it?

Comment

Found your dang hogs ...............MY PLACE

Comment

Working...
                      X