Those barbs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those barbs!!!

Stumbled on some pics from last year. Went to pull a cat off the hook and it went haywire just as I was about to grab it and buried the barb. I couldn't pull it out. My boy ran some cutters between my hand and the cat to cut it. I tried to pull it with the pliers after that, but it just wouldn't budge, only stretching the skin like a rubber band. Loaded the boat one handed and went to the doc. A little anisthetic and an Xacto knife got it did, and then back to the water because we were Killin em. I'm just glad the barb missed that main vein between the thumb and index finger. The tan Skeeter carpet would have had a nice red paint job.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ouch !!!!!

Comment

Unfortunately I know from first hand experience how bad that hurts. Got my hand in much the same way you described. My dad got it pulled out somehow though. He said it hurt him more than me. Im not real sure about that though

Another time I was running lines. Had a small catfish I just kinda flipped up into the boat (stupid decision on my part). Somehow it landed on my leg right above my knee with the same results you had. Hurt like all get out.

Comment

I had my buddy hold the catfish and cut my palm just enough to pull the fin out. I let it bleed a lot, wiped it really well with an alcohol wipe and kept fishing. I thought it would be really sore the next day but it wasn’t.

Comment

Ouch!Those catfish barbs hurt like crazy!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

I know how those hurt. Got stuck in the same spot by a hardhead while fishing on the 3rd bar. Could see the tip of the barb poking the skin on the underside. Waded back to the beach and cut it off then just jerked it out with pliers. Lots of peroxide, benadryl, and soaking in epsom salts.

Comment

And, I was thinking....... it's a defense mechanism, I don't get the concept of them being stuck to the apparent threat... lmao.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Ouch. I've made it a habit to clip the barbs first.

Comment

Working...
                X