And in other news ... watch your step... rattlebugs are out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And in other news ... watch your step... rattlebugs are out

Snake wranglers/hunters caught these out of one den at our ranch in Mills cnty. Said they found 2-3 more big dens but didn’t have time . They are coming back out in next couple of weeks to raid those!!! 29 total with the biggest 5’ about as round as your forearm. Wish I could of been there

Click image for larger version

Name:	AD5D6A0A-75F8-4B65-89AF-55A98276598D.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	25207507

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    Snake wranglers/hunters caught these out of one den at our ranch in Mills cnty. Said they found 2-3 more big dens but didn’t have time . They are coming back out in next couple of weeks to raid those!!! 29 total with the biggest 5’ about as round as your forearm. Wish I could of been there

[ATTACH]995375[/ATTACH]
    I'm curious as to what you are going to do with those.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
      I'm curious as to what you are going to do with those.
      My *** ain’t doing anything with them. But the guys catching them sale some to pharmaceutical companies for anti-venom, other to meat buyers

Comment

Played golf with a few
        Fellas
        Who have a deer lease close to lampasas and they said one guy almost stepped on one on the porch of the lease house yesterday

Comment

fried rattlesnake; yum!

Comment

They are out year around here in GA. Frost on the ground in the morning snakes on the ground at lunch.

I've never seen more than one buzz worm in a day though. 29 is crazy. I'd move.

Comment

Yuck.

Comment

We killed the first one of the year today. They are out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                  They are out year around here in GA. Frost on the ground in the morning snakes on the ground at lunch.

I've never seen more than one buzz worm in a day though. 29 is crazy. I'd move.
                  I’ve killed them in Dec and January out sunning. But this time of year they really come out.

Comment

Actually it seems a bit late for them to still be around the dens especially that far south of here and the nice temps we've had.

Comment

Almost stepped on one yesterday in Harrison county
                      It was a teenager/young adult

Comment

Snake Boots all the time.

Comment

I've got my two little kids that live at the ranch full time. Texting my wife now to keep an eye out. They have been gone for a week on spring break. I hate rattlesnakes.

Comment

Saw three while hiking around at Granger on Tuesday.

Comment

Just walked about 2 miles of fence in Llano spraying trees for my skid steer operator and thankfully didn’t find any!

Comment

Working...
                              X