Am I wrong about this situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I wrong about this situation?

My wife had an ENT appt today Monday 1/20/2020. She texts me saying she has having her tonsils removed on Thursday 1/23/2020. I'm like...WHOA do you have cancer or something? She said no but the doc is available then and said lets get them out. These are the same tonsils she has had for 32 years. She has had frequent strep, snoring issues, etc. but nothing crazy or life threatening. I want to be supportive of her and I don't care if she has them removed or not but 2 days notice is a bit much. I'm supposed to traveling for work an not even returning home from work until Wed night. We have a 5 months old baby and 8 year old daughter. I've read horror stories about adults getting their tonsils removed as well.

Am I over reacting here? Should I just be ok with this and say ok...I'll be home Wed night, I'll drop you off Thursday and wait until your done and figure out everything with the kiddos and work until you are recovered???

I don’t think she’s asked your permission

I’m still not sure what your problem is with it.

Comment

If the Doc thinks she needs it then do it. Lots of older people have them removed, it’s not convenient but can really help your wife.

Comment

I think he is really saying I have a 5 month old daughter and my wife will be out of pocket for a day. lol

Comment

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep

Comment

I'd at least get a 2nd opinion, but that's just me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you should stop reading horror stories about it and realize those are outliers. Most of the time everything goes fine. Am I don’t see it being a huge, long, drawn out recovery. It’s tonsils. She will be able to use her arms, legs, etc so taking care of kiddos after a day of recovery wouldn’t be a huge problem for me... But maybe that’s just me... [emoji2372][emoji2372]

Comment

Timing could be better for sure but it is what it is at this point.

My wife had her tonsils out 2 years ago, so early 40s, and the recovery is no joke. She was absolutely miserable for days. I would not plan for a day or 2 and her being back up and running.

Comment

She needs them out if "She has had frequent strep, snoring issues, etc"..

It is not unusual to have a "quick" schedule surgery if that is when Dr. is avaialable….at least it is not hunting season. She should be back to serving you after the weekend

You get to be the caregiver for a bit but in the long run, it will so much better for her. Strep is not fun and takes a time to recover...imagine that issue being gone from her life.

Comment

Originally posted by bigharge View Post
                      I'd at least get a 2nd opinion, but that's just me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                      This..

And do not listen to most of these guys. Anyone who simply take what a doctor says and runs with it is a fool. Or they are in a slim minority that has a very good doctor they trust.

IMO way too many doctors rush people in and out to make more money.

Anyone who thinks you're a fool for asking questions instead of just rolling with any procedure without asking questions is pretty dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                        I think you should stop reading horror stories about it and realize those are outliers. Most of the time everything goes fine. Am I don’t see it being a huge, long, drawn out recovery. It’s tonsils. She will be able to use her arms, legs, etc so taking care of kiddos after a day of recovery wouldn’t be a huge problem for me... But maybe that’s just me... [emoji2372][emoji2372]

Spoken like someone who hasn’t had their tonsils removed as an adult. I did and it was a horrible recovery. Would I do it again if given the chance? Absolutely, but I wouldn’t expect her to be taking care of the kids “after a day”

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                          Spoken like someone who hasn’t had their tonsils removed as an adult. I did and it was a horrible recovery. Would I do it again if given the chance? Absolutely, but I wouldn’t expect her to be taking care of the kids “after a day”

I had ALL of my wisdom teeth CUT out of my jaw at age 40 and it was horrible and I didn’t eat solid food for days. However it didn’t stop me from taking care of my kids or doing what had to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                            I had ALL of my wisdom teeth CUT out of my jaw at age 40 and it was horrible and I didn’t eat solid food for days. However it didn’t stop me from taking care of my kids or doing what had to be done.

Wisdom teeth removal was about 1,000x easier than tonsils for me.

Comment

It HURTS as an adult. With a baby, y'all need a few weeks to get everything in order.

Comment

Working...
                              X