The Timer Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Timer Issue

Fellow I know has one that is not working. Battery and motor check good, and he has replaced the batteries in The Timer. When you hit test, it does its usual count-down and instead of the feeder spinning, the little red "Motor" light next to the reset lights up. Any thoughts on what's wrong?

I've had this happen after bad storm, I pushed the reset button after changing the batteries started working fine after that.

Comment

I had a harness go bad once. Replaced the harness and it started working. Reset it and see if that helps. Check the fuse also. if it is bad it will do what you are saying.

Comment

I have had the motor go bad as well. If you have another one, test it on this feeder and rule the motor out

Comment

Motor is good, battery is good, new batteries in The Timer. I have done the re-set and still bad. Looks like it is time to check the fuse--report to follow. If that isn't the answer, could be the harness.

Comment

The timer had a bad batch.

Could be one. Send it in for warranty

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
              The timer had a bad batch.

Could be one. Send it in for warranty

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
              Fuse is OK too---where do I send it for warranty?

Comment

Call west texas feeder supply - they are the mfg and very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                  Fellow I know has one that is not working. Battery and motor check good, and he has replaced the batteries in The Timer. When you hit test, it does its usual count-down and instead of the feeder spinning, the little red "Motor" light next to the reset lights up. Any thoughts on what's wrong?
                  Did he load test the batteries? I had 2 batteries both showing good, but motor wouldn’t spin. Buddy convinced me to try one more and that did it. Both batteries showed good voltage, until you put a load on them.

Comment

I did the load test on both batteries, and both are good. Spun the motor like a top. And, when I put my timer in and ran the test, it spun correctly. I'll get in touch with West Texas guys tomorrow--

Comment

Duplicate of previous post--
                      Last edited by dustoffer; 12-13-2018, 08:16 PM.

Comment

I’ve had batteries that gave me a false reading when checked with a meter; almost like the battery was holding a ‘surface charge’. Reading the battery while also doing a test spin showed the true voltage to be way low.

Edit- didn’t read all the responses until posting but I’m referring to exactly what TheHammer is talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                          Motor is good, battery is good, new batteries in The Timer. I have done the re-set and still bad. Looks like it is time to check the fuse--report to follow. If that isn't the answer, could be the harness.
                          What does the feeder or timer look like, what type of battery does it use for the motor? What style connection on the top of the battery, to the terminals? If you have any pictures and can post them, that would help.

Comment

Working...
                          X