Laguna Atascosa Archery Exotic Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguna Atascosa Archery Exotic Hunt

Anyone hunted here or have any info? I got drawn for this hunt but have another commitment same dates. Trying to decide if I should cancel my other hunt to try this one etc. Just looking for as much info as I can to make a decision.
    Thanks

I got drawn as well but can't make it. Best of luck.

Comment

If there’s no nilgai on your other hunt I’d definitely be jumping on the atascosa one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang I will be happy to go for one of y'all.

Comment

There's a pretty good thread already up. I hunted out there last year and I'm going again this year. I'm planning on sticking a Nilgai if I can get within range.

Comment

I was draws as well , have read all I could find about the hunt. If anyone could help with some wisdom for this hunt please help PM me , email me. From what I gather cover a lot of ground and hope for the best ????

Comment

Originally posted by jakefromtx View Post
              There's a pretty good thread already up. I hunted out there last year and I'm going again this year. I'm planning on sticking a Nilgai if I can get within range.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=650801
              Thanks I didn't see that.

Comment

I got drawn with the father in laa on this hunt as well.

Comment

I was drawn as well. Would love to hear from others who have been there.

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                  Anyone hunted here or have any info? I got drawn for this hunt but have another commitment same dates. Trying to decide if I should cancel my other hunt to try this one etc. Just looking for as much info as I can to make a decision.
                  Thanks

Comment

I used to hunt out there back before TPWD took over. There is a LOT of ground to cover, get in shape if you're not and get a good mountain bike to get away from the road. Unit 6 seems to produce the most Nilgai, usually out around 3 tanks area. I've never personally seen them, but have seen plenty of tracks and dung piles. Limited out on a rifle hunt (1 buck 1 doe) and came close on one of the bow hunts, seen some MOSTER deer in there. The hunting and terrain is tough. If you want a true "hunt" this should definitely be on your list.

Comment

I also got picked for this hunt on dec 1st thru the fifth, my question is can I use my E bike on this hunt it's both pedal and battery.

Comment

Originally posted by coon007 View Post
                        I also got picked for this hunt on dec 1st thru the fifth, my question is can I use my E bike on this hunt it's both pedal and battery.
                        It can't have a motor of any kind.

Comment

O great not in the best shape here, another question how in the heck do you carry a nalgi back to the check station

Comment

I got drawn as well. But between school and the mule deer hunt I drew, i don’t think I’ll be able to swing it

Comment

Originally posted by coon007 View Post
                              O great not in the best shape here, another question how in the heck do you carry a nalgi back to the check station
                              I'd start running or cycling to get in shape now. This hunt kicked my butt last year but I managed to get a whitetail doe. I had the same question about shooting a Nilgai because where I was hunting was a 6 mile bike ride in. I asked the Game Warden that was checking all the animals and he said that if I gave him a call and he wasn't busy, he would drive his truck out after shooting light and help me load it into his truck. I'm not sure if the same one will be out there this year but it can't hurt to ask for help. I'm going out there for the whitetail hunt on November 17th and I'm hoping to stick a Nilgai. Worst case scenario I just take the animal out piece by piece.

Comment

Working...
                              X