Galveston Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galveston Water

Did anyone make it to the coast this weekend? As a native Houstonian, our family spent a lot of time on Galveston Island and I can't recall ever seeing blue water.
    Attached Files

A buddy of mine spent the last 4 days down by SLP. The pictures are unreal. He was chest deep in the surf and could see the bottom.

Comment

I could see my feet in chest deep water yesterday. Only thing bad about the good water, was the traffic coming back.

Comment

It does it, but not all that often.

Comment

Drought in Texas especially local water flow rivers, and low to moderate winds equals blue water up close.

Comment

My boys and I were standing on the third sand bar (near SLP) in chest deep water and we could see our feet. A pod of porpoise swam by...which may or may not have resulted in an involuntary bodily function...it was surreal.

Comment

It'll get like that a couple times a year. Typically not this early though from what I can remember.

Comment

I hope it stays that way until July when I go with my family!

Comment

I was there all last week it cleared up as we were leaving par for the course!

Comment

Water was best I have ever seen it all weekend at surfside. Unfortunately the specks were not cooperating for us. Not a single hit on croaker, hardheads on shrimp, tons of whiting on gulp and fishbites. Even a few small pompano and sharks.

Saw some good sharks caught on cut bait.

Also sunday around 6 a wave of mullet bigger than anything I have ever seen came through. Stretched from first sand bar to third and several hundred yards long.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                      My boys and I were standing on the third sand bar (near SLP) in chest deep water and we could see our feet. A pod of porpoise swam by...which may or may not have resulted in an involuntary bodily function...it was surreal.
                      Thats really cool and rare here in Texas!

On a side not... we don't have porpoise in Texas, I have spent my 32 years of life calling them porpoise because thats what my dad called them and he's from Rockport... All of ours are Dolphins

Comment

It aint blue... that the reflection of the sky off the layer of gasses produced by the brown salt water in the bay.

Comment

Was there all weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to see this, we are going to Port Bolivar this weekend for a quick get away. Hopefully it is nicer than the last time we went down there.

Comment

i was at SLP all weekend as well. Water was beautiful and fish were hungry. You could see the bottom all over that pass. A couple of big fat specks hit the decks as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X