Montgomery co. 12 pt down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montgomery co. 12 pt down!

Yesterday morning at 8:30am I shot the biggest buck of my life. I had been after him a couple of weeks after spotting him on my trail cam on a small tract of land that I hadn't hunted in 3 years. After several unsuccessful hunts, I gave him a break & headed to the Davy Crockett with my brothers. My brother Brad (AMBUSH) took an amazing buck as you all saw. The whole time I was thinking of this buck in the back of my head. Wednesday morning I was up in my hang on well before light and anxiously awaiting for day to break. My hands sweating in anticipation, would this be the day? It did not start well when about 6:45am a squirrel jumped on a branch above me, it gave way nailing me square on top of my head. Any bigger and it would have knocked me plum out of my stand. I shook it off, chuckled under my breath and turned my attention to the faint glow of day breaking and things becoming visible. About 8am the action began with a regular spike that came in and munched some hand corn for about ten minutes. A few minutes later I saw a doe in the distance and then a nice buck on her tail. My heart started to pump with avengence as he grunted and made a circle back. At the time I wasn't sure why he circled back, because he turned right back around after the doe and went out of sight. I was not sure if it was the big boy I was after, but I knew it was a good buck. Just a few minutes later 4 doe came in and began to feed. They weren't there 5 minutes when they simultaneously popped up and looked in the brush, and there he was headed right for me with his head down and grunting. My heart dropped, I used the opportunity while the does were distracted to stand up and get ready. He came right in at 19 yards and ran the does off then munched on some corn, I have seen bucks come in take 2 bites of corn and haul butt after tail again, so I knew he wouldn't eat long as he had other things on his mind. I immediately put my 20 yard pin on my mark and let it fly. The G5 struck him and he dropped, then I knew I had my giant. I let out a huge sigh of relief and began fist pumping and thanking God for the opportunity to take such a trophy. I had to put another arrow in him to finish him off as I hit high, but I had him none the less. He is by far my biggest buck and I could not be more stoked. This is my first bow kill in 4 years, what an ice breaker!!
    Attached Files

Very nice!

Comment

Awesome, congrats!

Comment

Wow, nice deer so close to home.

Comment

sweet

Comment

Nice one. Congrats

Comment

What an awesome deer congrats on a stud

Comment

Awesome buck! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

dang right !! congrats !!

Comment

awesome

Comment

Heck of a trophy, Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations. That is an awesome buck.

Comment

Wow! Congrats on an awesome deer.

Comment

Thats a stud .....nice job congrats

Comment

Dang good buck!! Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                              X