demand drive question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

demand drive question

So I am wanting to change out the demand drive fluid in my 2014 Ranger 900 crew. I did a little research on line and went to a few ranger sites looking for suggestions on and alternative to the polaris fluid. Some said a synthetic ATF works fine, others said you can use John Deere J20D fluid. Still no real solid answers.

So the question is, have any of you changed it out and used anything other than the polaris fluid? If so what were your results?

Go here and call it a day!

Comment

No more than the Polaris stuff costs and how often you change it I buy that. Usually just order the fluid kit from amazon

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
        Thanks, but I am trying to get away from having to order. Would like to have something I can pick up at Tractor supply or Wally World.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
          Thanks, but I am trying to get away from having to order. Would like to have something I can pick up at Tractor supply or Wally World.
          Plan ahead and save time/money by ordering online with free shipping. The Demand Drive is so infrequently changed, just go with the Polaris fluid. Also, buy a drive socket dedicated solely to the plugs on your Ranger diffs and DO NOT overtighten them (I have experience).

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            Plan ahead and save time/money by ordering online with free shipping. The Demand Drive is so infrequently changed, just go with the Polaris fluid. Also, buy a drive socket dedicated solely to the plugs on your Ranger diffs and DO NOT overtighten them (I have experience).
            I saw it is in the 8 to 12 pound range, so I will not hammer on them very hard.

Comment

I saw it is in the 8 to 12 pound range, so I will not hammer on them very hard.
              Yeah, the first time I replaced the fluid, I put them on "farmer tight" and had to replace both plugs next fluid change. Also, be sure not to overfill either diff as it will sling out the vents.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                Yeah, the first time I replaced the fluid, I put them on "farmer tight" and had to replace both plugs next fluid change. Also, be sure not to overfill either diff as it will sling out the vents.
                Thanks for the tip.

Comment

I may have a bottle of demand drive fluid in my garage. There was one of the bottle of fluid that came in the change kit I bought but i didn’t use it cause my machine doesn’t take it like the older models. I’ll see if I still have it and if I do you can have it.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                    I may have a bottle of demand drive fluid in my garage. There was one of the bottle of fluid that came in the change kit I bought but i didn’t use it cause my machine doesn’t take it like the older models. I’ll see if I still have it and if I do you can have it.
                    Thank you, that is a very nice offer, however I just bought a bottle. Again, thanks for the offer.

Comment

Thank you, that is a very nice offer, however I just bought a bottle. Again, thanks for the offer.
                      No problem, when I bought it I had to do some research to realize I didn’t need it. I’m pretty sure I put it on the shelf just for in case someone I knew needed it.

Comment

Working...
                      X