No announcement yet.

Quiet Feeder Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not the AA batteries... Its the fact that it uses the weight of the corn to bring it down far enough that the trough has enough momentum to shut. It works well 8 out of 9 times, but it always fails...

My buddy nick named it Ole' Dumpy.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
      So these deer won't come to a ground feeder.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I had a tripod feeder out for a month and nothing so I decided to build the trash can feeder and the started showing up.

Comment

I have two of the trash can feeders also. Work well.

Comment

I used two of the Ghost feeders for two years in two different spots on my property. I never had a mature buck come in during the season. I had hundreds of pictures from trail cameras of deer standing there looking up at the feeder minutes before it was supposed to go off. It didn’t fool any of them. I honestly don’t know how I convinced myself that a deer wouldn’t be able to hear or see a feeder hanging in a tree. They do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I figure I'll test it's function at home in the back yard with dog food before I trust it 380 miles away when I have to depend on it. If it does well I'll give it a run if not probably go with the ghost feeder.

Comment

I took a 10" piece of schedule 40 pvc, 6 ft long and recessed a small moultrie feeder up inside the pipe so no coons could reach it. I then put hanging eyes on each side so I could hang it. It has work great with no issues and holds about 75lbs of feed or so. Next time i go to the lease I will take a pic of it. I painted it so it blends in and deer never look up at it.

Comment

Why not try one of those feeders that looks like a tree stump? Coons and squirrels might be a problem though.

Comment

so i got the pennco in yesterday.....first impressions is it is wayyyyyy to weak built. The design is good i just don't know how long it will hold up. I'm headed out west in a few weeks so I think i will hang a spinner up for now set on low speed and take the cage off to try to quieten it down while i test the pennco at home with the dog food for my labs. if it will go all summer then i'll swap them in august before season. I hope it works but we will see. I will try to keep the results posted.

Comment

Originally posted by kp143631 View Post
                    I took a 10" piece of schedule 40 pvc, 6 ft long and recessed a small moultrie feeder up inside the pipe so no coons could reach it. I then put hanging eyes on each side so I could hang it. It has work great with no issues and holds about 75lbs of feed or so. Next time i go to the lease I will take a pic of it. I painted it so it blends in and deer never look up at it.
                    I'm interested in this option. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
                    X