No announcement yet.

Looking to buy a 25-06 for my son...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Savage 116 XP. Yes it has a 22” barrel and yes at dusk it will put out a nice fireball.

I bought it before I read about the 24” barrel burning powder longer / better. That being said I’ve been happy with it and don’t plan on getting rid of it. For my purposes and use - hunting only - it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
      Anybody have a Weatherby in 25-06? Curios what kind of groups some have got. Also the Savage 110 Apex hunter shows that it comes with a 24” Barrel. Just can’t find much info on that rifle. Would be wanting something that would shoot sub MOA with the right ammo. Is that unrealistic for off the shelf accuracy in a 25-06?

I have a Weatherby MK V ultra light. Sorry but I have not shot it yet due to I am recovering from back surgery. I also have a Tikka T3 lite, in 25-06, and I have shot it. After about 40 rounds it started shooting lights out. I was beginning to worry, wondered if it was me or the rifle. It only has a 22.5" barrel if I remember correctly.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. I think the Weatherby S2 is in the lead right now. Will wait and see if any good deals pop up hear during the holiday season.

Comment

I believe Brownells has a Savage Axis II 25-06 on sale for $329.99. Comes with a scope (although you may want to upgrade the scope). Plus, I think Savage has a $60 mfr rebate.

Comment

I don't think there is gonna be much difference in how far they run with a 308 vs. .25-06.

Comment

I’m selling a new Tikka T3x lite stainless in 25-06. Never been fired. Will come with a 20 moa rail. 675.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X