No announcement yet.

Darton & Stan R Were Right!!!!! Pic Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's nothing like walking out there and just taking a big, deep, breath and knowing everything around you is yours to do with as you please.

Congrats on what appears to be an awesome place.

Comment

Please looks awesome, congrats!!!!!

Comment

Looks good man! My FIL just started looking for an investment property and he's really interested in OK. If y'all come across some primo properties in the 150-200 acre range, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntin_Toona View Post
          Looking good!!

Thanks! Can’t wait to start working on food plots.

Originally posted by gander View Post
          Congrats on owning your own place. I was fortunate enough to be born into a family that owned acreage and each deer I kill on the family property means just a bit more than every other deer. Did the past owner give you any history of the wildlife on the property? Any deer they might have taken off the place? Or numbers and size they have seen on the place?
          The owner killed very few deer off this place. He was mainly a meat hunter. I have zero intel on the size of the deer in the immediate area. Only thing he could tell me was that they come up in the yard in good numbers to eat and pick at the fruit trees, and he had a guy that he let hunt a few years back kill “a big’un”! Some of the sheds he has are impressive. We shall see this fall.

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
          Thanks for the updates!

Thanks for following along.

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
          Awesome! Let us know what the tc's show. Things are looking good for ya! You planning to plant something this spring or just fall?

Looking forward to running them (tempering expectations)
          Planning fall plots this year. With school and work I don’t have the time to get spring plots in. Plan on it next year though. Will need to increase the available forage. I’d rather do it this way than through feed alone.

Originally posted by Darton View Post
          Since the owner is having an auction this weekend does that mean the entire place is up for bid

I just might have to swing by and bug you

If it isn’t nailed down I expect it to get sold and taken away! Bring your checkbook. I hear there is a good size doll collection available.

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
          There's nothing like walking out there and just taking a big, deep, breath and knowing everything around you is yours to do with as you please.

Congrats on what appears to be an awesome place.

This is exactly why we pulled the trigger. This place is a tiny fraction of the size of our lease but it is ours....and God willing will be for generations of Hunts.

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
          Please looks awesome, congrats!!!!!

Thank you, Sir. Looking forward to improving it.

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          Looks good man! My FIL just started looking for an investment property and he's really interested in OK. If y'all come across some primo properties in the 150-200 acre range, let me know.

Congrats to getting to this stage. It’s one of THE most important steps....now you just have to find your right place. I may know a guy that may be able to help [emoji6]

Comment

For sure! I’m with you. I want to have plots and feeders running. Not sure about protein yet. Not sure I can afford that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
              For sure! I’m with you. I want to have plots and feeders running. Not sure about protein yet. Not sure I can afford that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. We are tightening the belt to make the purchase happen. A protein bill on top isn’t in the budget just yet. In years to come, though....

Comment

Darton & Stan R Were Right!!!!! Pic Heavy

Well, FIL and I traveled to the new place today to attend the estate auction being held by the sellers.

The “peoplewatching” was world class. [emoji15]
                We got there at 8:15 and went all day. The turnout was immense. I’d estimate a tad over 400 there. The parts where they parked was a muddy mess. I have work to do.

Got one of the tractors up there and unloaded today, which was one objective.

Didn’t have time to get a soil sample on this trip. Will do it next time I go up.

Also secured some kitchen items (plates, glasses, silverware, pots, pans, etc., etc.). Getting this stuff already on site makes this turn key operation more turn key. Picked up the former owner’s Lincoln AC-225 stick welder, leads, hoods, gloves and rods in anticipation of having to fix implements as the rocks take their toll.

Tons of junk was sold with buyers having 7 days to come get their new treasures off the property.

Junk vehicles were dragged out of the brush left and right, before being auctioned.
                ...sweet ride that Darton was eyeing pretty hard....envision with longhorns on the front. [emoji15]

Have 4 cams out. Ran them and confirmed that we definitely have a deer herd in the area. Here are two bucks just starting their headgear.

Lots of does on camera. I’ll upload more pics once I get them loaded.
                Last edited by Booner Sooner; 05-05-2018, 10:50 PM.

Comment

I am already starting to regret not picking that Lincoln up

Comment

I could have used that clean one owner trolling motor

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
                      I could have used that clean one owner trolling motor
                      I really wish I would have known that Brian! I could have picked it up for you along with a sweet deal on a genuine Elvis plate collection

Comment

Looking good Booner! hopefully get all that junk out of your way.

Comment

too many treasures to mention. that chevy van is a blast from the past.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            Looking good Booner! hopefully get all that junk out of your way.
                            Thanks! All the treasures that were auctioned have to be gone within the week but I’m a realist.....I’m preparing, mentally to dig a hole to bury whatever is left over.

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                            I really wish I would have known that Brian! I could have picked it up for you along with a sweet deal on a genuine Elvis plate collection
                            That’s a real tragedy.....that kind of collection doesn’t come on the market that often.

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                            too many treasures to mention. that chevy van is a blast from the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiEIToOWr64

You have no idea how true you are, Sir. The van could have been yours....for a small fee, of course.

Comment

Congrats. Enjoy it.

-john

Comment

Man not sure how I missed this thread but Congrats on the place, it looks awesome!!

Comment

Working...
                                X