Illinois town bans semi autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flinger View Post
    When you went to the doctor and the question on your paper work ask if you own a gun.....What did you say.
    Get a new doctor

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
      I'd also like to hear opinions of the LEO's on the Green Screen as well as current/active military, national guard, etc. as these would be the individuals called upon to carry out seizures/searches such as this I'd think? Would they do their job, quit, move? Just something to think about.
      I'd quit.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
        None of us REALLY exactly what we'll do if/when it comes down to taking the life of a soldier or police officer to try and keep your firearms. At that point you would probably just be making a dying statement anyway. Things are getting out of hand and we're in the minority. I don't know that true confiscation would or could ever happen in our or our children's lifetimes, but I think that is where America is eventually headed. Maybe the good Lord will come and scoop us all up before that. Trying times....
        It could happen faster than you think.

It wasn't long ago when the first gay couple got legally married in a different city/State. People said the same thing that it would not happen County wide...But it did.

10-15 years ago I could have bet you a lot of money that there would be mandatory health insurance for anyone who works..and the free loaders get it free...and you would pay 2-4x what you were paying... I bet you would have taken that bet and lost.

Who would have ever though Trump would be President..or Oprah LOL

Just 10 years ago none of us would believe any of this I get "to identify" crap. Seriously, if I told you a grown man would be able to identify as a girl and use the girls room...you would have never believed it.

And this list could go on for a page or two... Don't ever think they can't or won't take our guns.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
          All you lawyers (and those that have played one on tv), can a town/city legally impose an unconstitutional law? Impose a law banning a legal item?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
          Not legally

Comment

can they really force states to abide by same sex marriage and legalized abortion laws?

uhh welllll actually they "cant" bob.

whew! ok it had me worried there for a minute.

ill take "sticking my head in the sand" for 500 alex.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
              All you lawyers (and those that have played one on tv), can a town/city legally impose an unconstitutional law? Impose a law banning a legal item?

The way that works is the city passes an ordinance, then someone who is adversely affected by it files a lawsuit (or defends a criminal case) and asks the court to declare the ordinance unconstitutional.
              The trial court will decide if it is or is not unconstitutional, then the losing side appeals and an appellate court will decide the same Q (but may answer it differently).
              Ultimately the U.S. Supreme Court will have the option to hear the case or let the lower court ruling stand and that is when we will know whether this particular ordinance is unconstitutional.
              The real question here is: Will the U.S. Supreme Court decide this particular ordinance violates the 2nd amendment? Reading the opinions in the Heller case provides some guidance, but there will be different justices on the court when this ordinance arrives. Justice Scalia is already gone. Will the new justices be stronger or weaker on the 2nd amendment?

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe_diem View Post
                The way that works is the city passes an ordinance, then someone who is adversely affected by it files a lawsuit (or defends a criminal case) and asks the court to declare the ordinance unconstitutional.
                The trial court will decide if it is or is not unconstitutional, then the losing side appeals and an appellate court will decide the same Q (but may answer it differently).
                Ultimately the U.S. Supreme Court will have the option to hear the case or let the lower court ruling stand and that is when we will know whether this particular ordinance is unconstitutional.
                The real question here is: Will the U.S. Supreme Court decide this particular ordinance violates the 2nd amendment? Reading the opinions in the Heller case provides some guidance, but there will be different justices on the court when this ordinance arrives. Justice Scalia is already gone. Will the new justices be stronger or weaker on the 2nd amendment?
                So a city, town, village (or a state for that matter) can impose a law knowing it's going to be challenged and potentially cost hundreds of thousands of taxpayers dollars to defend? Those village trustees have really big huevos. Not very fiduciary. SMH..... Will the NRA get involved with this one? I'd send in another $35 to chip in on the lawsuit. Let's bankrupt that village!

Comment

Aside from it being BS to start with....sounds like they are asking for a court fight. Very poor way for them to spend their constituent's money.

Comment

My step kids where ask by their pediatrician a couple years back if there were guns in our house.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                      I'd also like to hear opinions of the LEO's on the Green Screen as well as current/active military, national guard, etc. as these would be the individuals called upon to carry out seizures/searches such as this I'd think? Would they do their job, quit, move? Just something to think about.

As a current LEO, I took an oath to hold up the laws of the state and the Constitution of the USA. BUT, the day they try to tell me to go door to door picking up people’s guns is the day I will turn in my badge and gun. It isn’t worth getting shot or having to shoot a law abiding citizen who is turned criminal because a liberal law is enacted. Some people think that since I’m a LEO, I don’t want people to have guns, but that cannot be farther from the truth. I’m all for law abiding citizens to have their guns. It’s the CRIMINALS that I don’t want to have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X