Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
    So your wager is how much Brandon?

Lol i don't own a dime of any airline...but i'll take your $ & buy some...lol
    I'll wager you that United cuts a check to the guy that's of an undisclosed amount and no attorneys are involved. I'll wager you $400 that it's more than the voucher offered.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
      None of which he did... and obviously he wasn't an extra on the flight if his butt was already in a seat... i posted both parts because he didnt fit into the denied boarding part because he was already on board so then it would have to fall back to refusal to transport...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
      They are covered in F) 4

Comment

None of which he did... and obviously he wasn't an extra on the flight if his butt was already in a seat... i posted both parts because he didnt fit into the denied boarding part because he was already on board so then it would have to fall back to refusal to transport...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
        He was an "extra" b/c they didn't reconcile seat count to confirmed seats before boarding...they should have no doubt, but this oversight is fairly common place given asset changes due to maintenance issues, etc where assets are switched & seat configurations are different...one A319 may have 225 seats, another 223, another 235 seats...the relief for such problem is compensation & rebooking...not being an arse b/c you didnt read/understand the contract you agreed to when purchased

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          They are covered in F) 4
          Depends on point of view... one could argue that they were refusing to transport prior to his disobedience...

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
            I'll wager you that United cuts a check to the guy that's of an undisclosed amount and no attorneys are involved. I'll wager you $400 that it's more than the voucher offered.
            I'll take that bet & double it!! They won't pay him a dime besides a voucher to use on another flight, a food voucher, maybe some airline mile or a gift card if he has some lower level of status & rebook him on the next available flight. Even with diamond status on delta for 10+ consecutive years, an annual pricing contract in place & being a 1M miler...i wouldn't receive any better.

Without reading or hearing about it in the news....how do you suggest we decide who won the wager?
            Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
              Meh...I go through the same thing every morning getting the kids ready for school.
              Bwahaaaaa. Hilarious..................

Comment

Depends on point of view... one could argue that they were refusing to transport prior to his disobedience...
                That's not what F 4 says. It states interfering with flight crews duties or failing to obey flight crews instructions. The instructions were, get yo *** up and get off the plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  That's not what F 4 says. It states interfering with flight crews duties or failing to obey flight crews instructions. The instructions were, get yo *** up and get off the plane.
                  Again... he wasn't interfering or being diobedient until they told him that... the airline made the first move.

They said that before he said hell nah...

Comment

Same here. Status rules everything and if it did happen I would have had concierge calling, points, etc without ever asking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Again... he wasn't interfering or being diobedient until they told him that... the airline made the first move.

They said that before he said hell nah...
                      He was low ticket price on the plane, with no status...right/wrong or indifferent...he's it....before he checked in/after, before boarding/after doesn't matter...it's not like they randomly selected the guy...lol

& he better hope he doesn't have a frequent flier # he booked with...lol

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        And your stance the way it works is wrong 100%.
                        Exactly. If ANYONE can defend this sort of treatment of a law abiding citizen is providing insight into their own character. No matter if it is in writing or not, good people shouldn't be treated like that. If profit is the excuse, what about the plans of the passenger? He may have saved YEARS for that flight or may be going to see a dying relative. If only dollars matter, you're a sorry excuse of a man.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                          Same here. Status rules everything and if it did happen I would have had concierge calling, points, etc without ever asking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                          Exactly...walk out the tunnel...grab new ticket @ the doorway, go eat a free meal & boogie on down to the next flights gate, hop on amazon & use my free gift card for more unneeded hunting stuff...lol

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            The other question is this. If it was you getting screwed and kicked off, how would you handle it?

A) be understandably mad, argue your case then leave peaceably swearing to never fly with them again. Write letters of complaint, blog about it and tell everyone you know.
                            B) lay on the floor and act like a toddler throwing a fit at WalMart because MeeMaw won't by you gummy bears

Have some self respect dude.

I asked myself this today when I first heard about this. Pretty much came to the conclusion that I would choose A. I can't image how ****** I would be if it happened to me but to go limp and have to be dragged out is a little much. Maybe he saw $$$ and acted like a little ***** to help his case later but either way, bad deal all around. I already hate United, they have screwed me over several times and I have vowed to never fly them again way before this incident. I just hope others follow suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                              Exactly. If ANYONE can defend this sort of treatment of a law abiding citizen is providing insight into their own character. No matter if it is in writing or not, good people shouldn't be treated like that. If profit is the excuse, what about the plans of the passenger? He may have saved YEARS for that flight or may be going to see a dying relative. If only dollars matter, you're a sorry excuse of a man.
                              You people are missing the pitch...what part about entering into a contract (contract of carriage in this instance)then refusing to honor the obligation to that contract do you NOT get? B/c that is exactly what the man did!

Yes, it should have happened before boarding started, but that's not always possible. It's not united's fault he didn't read/refused to live up to his end of the contract...good grief Charlie Brown

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
                                He was low ticket price on the plane, with no status...right/wrong or indifferent...he's it....before he checked in/after, before boarding/after doesn't matter...it's not like they randomly selected the guy...lol

& he better hope he doesn't have a frequent flier # he booked with...lol
                                Regardless of who's right or wrong you have shown your true colors and that's a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X