Train to hunt....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Train to hunt....

Anybody done this before? Looks intense. Considering it tho.. https://www.traintohunt.com/

Looks cool but I keep thinkin just how in shape does a fella need to be to sit in a blind and shoot a bow or rifle..... plus I have 18 and 16 year old boys to do the heavy grunt work

Not knocking it just thinking

Comment

I haven't done the train to hunt program, but I follow Cam Hanes, the Bowmars, Eric Chesser and others on instagram and incorporate their workouts into my routine, I used to just sit in a blind and not worry about fitness. But now I prefer spot and stalk on public and private land, you do need to be in shape for that, and packing out even a 90 lb hog or small doe will show quickly if you're not. Giving up my compound bow for a struggle stick has me wanting to get in better shape also, improves your form and helps up draw weight. And the healthy benefits are the most important to me, I'm not getting any younger and would rather get in great shape now than be trying years from now when a doctor is telling me I have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
        Looks cool but I keep thinkin just how in shape does a fella need to be to sit in a blind and shoot a bow or rifle..... plus I have 18 and 16 year old boys to do the heavy grunt work

being in shape helps with everything, form, duration, endurance, dexterity, strength, hunting season can be bad on the back and mentally drain you, being in shape helps with all that...

Comment

Not everybody hunts out of a blind.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
            being in shape helps with everything, form, duration, endurance, dexterity, strength, hunting season can be bad on the back and mentally drain you, being in shape helps with all that...
            This ^^^

Look at the pictures of some of these guys after a summer of working out and getting back in shape, and then after hunting season, the muscle loss is incredible. Having a training routine also helps improve mood, keeps you focused, and helps you better handle the mental drain of the season.

Comment

I understand that bro...... like I said, I'm not knocking it. Just ain't for me. I stay in good shape anyway, just not for hunting reasons

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
              Not everybody hunts out of a blind.

Comment

Originally posted by texasguy83 View Post
                This ^^^

Look at the pictures of some of these guys after a summer of working out and getting back in shape, and then after hunting season, the muscle loss is incredible. Having a training routine also helps improve mood, keeps you focused, and helps you better handle the mental drain of the season.
                yep, ive been there with that, all that hard work goes down the drain literally, I like being strong in the woods also...helps so much

Comment

Well this years is north of Dallas

Comment

This is geared for the mountains and looks awesome!

Comment

Mountain hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone doing the one at Cinnamon Creek on 4/22/17?

Comment

Somebody hasnt spot and stalked in the mountains lol.

Comment

Hunted in a large draw last season for a new spot and ended up shooting a 200+lbs buck and he ran to the lowest point. I thought I was in decent shape until I tried hauling that sucker out. Ended up dressing and quartering right there.

Comment

Can someone explain what goes on in the event. I assume it is some type of race. How far. Is it an obstacle course? How much weight do you carry? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X