Who else hates their front load washer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else hates their front load washer?

The ole top load finally petered out. We bought a new matching set. I and no idea how poorly they worked. I bet this thing uses 1-2 gals of water throughout the entire wash cycle. All that it does is make you clothes smell fresh. It doesn't get them clean. If there are stains (mud, dirt, grease, deodorant, food etc) they are still there after being washed even if you treat them first. Half the time on the whites there are still detergent spots. I'm ready to post it in the classified and and get another top load. If I fully understood how they worked prior to buying them, I'd have just gotten another top load. All it does is raise and drop your clothes into a small puddle of water that sits in the bottom of the tub. Utterly ridiculous!!
    Last edited by JBJTX81; 02-04-2017, 02:30 PM.

No problems with mine. Work in a steel shop and always have stuff on my clothes

Comment

I know so many people that hate them it has me convinced ill never get one

Comment

Originally posted by ntxshooter View Post
        No problems with mine. Work in a steel shop and always have stuff on my clothes
        What kind to do you have? Maybe its the LG's we bought I have no idea but it is not what I was expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          I know so many people that hate them it has me convinced ill never get one
          A wise decision on your part!

Comment

Kenmore.. going on 1.5 years with it.

Comment

We sent our back. Didn't like it from the get go.

Comment

Most new ones are energy efficient models and use very little water regardless top or front loaded. They suck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

We had one and went back to the top load. So much
                  better.

Comment

We've had one for years. Last night while in Lowe's, my wife walked over to the top load, with manual dials and said "I want one of these". Minimal electronics and old-fashioned top load for us next.

Comment

I've done our laundry for the 29 years we've been married. I too have an LG front load. My issues are that my dark socks always looks like they have dandruff (poor rinsing I suppose) and the drum always has a funk to it no matter what.

Comment

in the name of water conservation, these things don't work in your house now.....

shower sucks
                        toilets don't flush
                        washers don't wash.

and the irony is, you end up using more water to try to re-do the thing it should have done in the first place.

Comment

Speed Queen top load is what you need. They aren't cheap, but get clothes cleaner than front load.

You can get the washers in knob controls or touch. 5 year warranty on electronic models and includes in home labor.
                          Last edited by Fishy; 02-04-2017, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Me!! That #%^* door is constantly in the way, when we leave it open to air out!

Comment

Love mine

If you want to go back to a top loader, check out Speed Queen

Comment

Working...
                              X