2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hix View Post
    My taxidermist posted this on the book of faces. Delivered to him, killed in Marion Co. no other details 171-2/8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DANG what a stud!!!!!!

Comment

Yea. that's a nice deer, but I sure have a hard time seein' 170" of bone there... Just hard to do justice with pics it seems... But to me seems he's not wide, g's are pretty close together and beams tightly wrapped, so appear short. Mass doesn't look great either...
      Absolutely not arguing but would sure like to see the score sheet to get some perspective on size... I had one a couple years ago, that I'd have sworn was a 160 class deer on the hoof, but young... another lease member let his daughter shoot it... scored 127 and had forked g2's like that... I could not believe it so I asked him to bring it by the office when he picked it up from the taxidermist... when I laid eyes on it for real, it was obvious the deer was a baby... sure looked HUGE in the pics tho...

Comment

I don’t doubt the scorer, maybe bad picture angles. This shows more of its size.

Comment

Those 2s and 3s are loooong.... awesome buck, I can see 170

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
            Those 2s and 3s are loooong.... awesome buck, I can see 170
            that deer is what the op said he scores all day long. Stud of a east tx buck

Comment

My guess that’s get him there.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Yea. that's a nice deer, but I sure have a hard time seein' 170" of bone there... Just hard to do justice with pics it seems... But to me seems he's not wide, g's are pretty close together and beams tightly wrapped, so appear short. Mass doesn't look great either...
                Absolutely not arguing but would sure like to see the score sheet to get some perspective on size... I had one a couple years ago, that I'd have sworn was a 160 class deer on the hoof, but young... another lease member let his daughter shoot it... scored 127 and had forked g2's like that... I could not believe it so I asked him to bring it by the office when he picked it up from the taxidermist... when I laid eyes on it for real, it was obvious the deer was a baby... sure looked HUGE in the pics tho...
                I can see it. I thought I was being conservative on the tine length but still came up at 172
                24" Beams
                33"Mass
                58"Tines
                17"Extras
                16"Spread

Comment

Hix, thanks for the follow up pic! And yes, having someone in the pic especially with hands on him does help! Sucker does have some mass and Looooon g's Amazing to have a 170 class deer with 21 and 22 inch beams... almost unheard of!

Comment

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Hix, thanks for the follow up pic! And yes, having someone in the pic especially with hands on him does help! Sucker does have some mass and Looooon g's Amazing to have a 170 class deer with 21 and 22 inch beams... almost unheard of!

That’s just my guess.. could be a little longer and less tine length but I’m sure it’s close.

I’ll try and get real numbers. It’s a female holding him too! I’ll stop by and check him out when i get back in town.

Comment

That forked buck is a stud, the frame is unreal.

Rwc

Comment

Excellent activity to hand corn yesterday evening and this morning with the rain and cold weather. Had 6 bucks come into corn and 7 hogs yesterday. Wife was off today and said 2 big bucks we saw late summer were down by the feeder when she took my step son to school this morning. Im like chooot em (at least one of them)

Comment

Capt. It must be a wife thing to see a nice buck and want to talk to someone before they shoot. That's the same thing my wife did 2 weeks ago. Put the phone down and pull the trigger!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                            Capt. It must be a wife thing to see a nice buck and want to talk to someone before they shoot. That's the same thing my wife did 2 weeks ago. Put the phone down and pull the trigger!!!!
                            Yea mine wouldn't shoot because I was at work said one of them was out there on and off all day. Saw 3 new bucks (2 mature legal) this afternoon just not the one we are after.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                              Yea mine wouldn't shoot because I was at work said one of them was out there on and off all day. Saw 3 new bucks (2 mature legal) this afternoon just not the one we are after.
                              Wife took this one down this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                                I don’t doubt the scorer, maybe bad picture angles. This shows more of its size.

Guy I work with has been hunting this deer all year long... I had to break the news to him when I saw these pics. he is still in disbelief

Comment

Working...
                                X