Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
    How many more days until deer season?

136 in CA. I just realized- if we can retire in early 2018 to Montana, it will be my last CA deer season.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      I know so many people that hate them it has me convinced ill never get one
      Only problem i ever have with them is when wife or daughter aint using them. I dont know how to turn it on....Thats my story anyway and im sticking to it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bill m View Post
        no ma'am.

j/k don't get me ladies. :d
        😂😂😂

Comment

Anyone have issues with theirs smelling sour ? If so what's your fix ??

Comment

Who else hates their front load washer?

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
            Anyone have issues with theirs smelling sour ? If so what's your fix ??

Before we ditched ours for a top load, I used a cleaner designed to combat the smell. If I remember right they were little pods and you just ran a cycle without clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
              The ole top load finally petered out. We bought a new matching set. I and no idea how poorly they worked. I bet this thing uses 1-2 gals of water throughout the entire wash cycle. All that it does is make you clothes smell fresh. It doesn't get them clean. If there are stains (mud, dirt, grease, deodorant, food etc) they are still there after being washed even if you treat them first. Half the time on the whites there are still detergent spots. I'm ready to post it in the classified and and get another top load. If I fully understood how they worked prior to buying them, I'd have just gotten another top load. All it does is raise and drop your clothes into a small puddle of water that sits in the bottom of the tub. Utterly ridiculous!!
              I feel your pain

Comment

We have a front loader at the station. No matter what we do to it, it always has a funk, it deposits some kind of grime on the door seal that is a PITA to get cleaned, and leaves stains on our uniforms no matter how you use it. We have a top loader at home and we have not had one issue with it. The only thing I'd like is the tub without the agitator in the middle so we can fit more clothes.

It doesn't make since how a front loader can even wash well to begin with. It has to do with agitation and friction, not tumbling in wet, soapy water.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                  Ours works fine. Samsung
                  X2

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                    in the name of water conservation, these things don't work in your house now.....

shower sucks
                    toilets don't flush
                    washers don't wash.

and the irony is, you end up using more water to try to re-do the thing it should have done in the first place.
                    Don't forget dishwashers

Comment

Mine is a high capacity top load and it works really well. I believe it is LG...similar to this one but an older model.

Comment

They work OK. The big problem is that they wear out faster than a top loader due to a combination of stress on the cantilevered drum and a weakening of the struts that suspend it from rust over time.

Our GE lasted about 6 years while the matching dryer is still going strong. The repair would have required a whole new drum assembly ... almost as much as a new machine. We now have a basic Maytag top load washer that cost less than the repair of the front load machine would have been.

Comment

I'll never have another front load. Clothes don't come out as clean, have to leave the **** door open to air out otherwise your clothes will smell like an immigrant the next few loads, having to clean the "funk" from the rubber seals, finding unused laundry detergent (yes, liquid) in the rubber door seal (see above on not coming out as clean), having to use Affresh once a week to "clean" the machine (that stuff ain't cheap)... that makes a lot of sense... having to run an hour and five minute cycle to "clean" a washing machine...

I can't remember ever having any issues with an old school top load machine.... yeah, had to leave the door open but at least it was out of the way. Clothes actually came out clean... And they didn't cost an arm and a leg...

So, as soon as this p.o.s. ****s the bed, I'll be getting an old school unit.

Comment

My wife and I got rid of ours after a big fight with Whirlpool over the warranty. We looked for a long time to find an OLD SCHOOL washer and dryer, finally found SPEED QUEEN. NO electronics at all and even I can fix it when something breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                              We've had one for years. Last night while in Lowe's, my wife walked over to the top load, with manual dials and said "I want one of these". Minimal electronics and old-fashioned top load for us next.
                              We "upgraded" to a Whirlpool Cabrio set, when we were still in Victoria. They did an OK job, but when the electronic parts of them started to fail, we dumped a few hundred bucks in parts into them (me installing). When we'd had enough, we looked at new stuff and ended up with a Maytag set. What I'd call bare bones, basic stuff. No fancy electronic timers or buttons; just dials, and the washer has an AGITATOR!

They were less than half the price of the fancy ones and do a better job.

Comment

My wife just got rid of our stackable, side load washer/dryer.
                                It was in the house going on 11 years and I repaired it once already. I thought the funky smell was horrible, so we used all kinds of good smelling detergent and fabric softener.

We went with a Kenmore top load washer without the agitator and i really like it. It does seem to use less water and after a test run, my shirts were coming out with detergent still on them. They were oily after coming out the dryer.
                                There is an option to run the rinse cycle twice and that fixed the problem. My clothes have not smelled or looked any better in years.
                                So glad we got rid of that nasty washer/dryer

Comment

Working...
                                X