Egg Thieves!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egg Thieves!

These two were in the chicken coop, makin babys. Went back a few hours later and caught a third with 3 eggs inside. Beautiful markings!.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Lesto!!

Nope

Comment

Big suckers!

Comment

They get a pass around here unless theyre in the coop

Comment

TX Rat Snake Mecca........

Comment

Ya, I would let them go but if Momma caught them in the chicken coop then they may not make it. We like our eggs.

Comment

Man, chicken snakes don't get much bigger than that! And yea, they are beauts too... got one about the size of that smaller one in my barn... so far, he's stayed there and not ventured up to the chicken coop... It'll be the end of him if he does that... mamma just barely tolerates it in the barn... no way she'd put up with it anywhere near her "girls" n their eggs!

Comment

Golf ball in the coop would fix him!

Comment

Yea, my grand pa used to put spark plugs in the laying boxes for snakes too...

Comment

I had a golf ball disappear yesterday out of the laying boxes. We usually get
                    around 4-6 eggs a day.

None the last two days.

Comment

Glass door knobs were my grandmother's tool of choise.
                      Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        I had forgot about that and them great big white marbles.

Comment

Light bulbs too... they were the best! Snake would wrap itself around a post or part of the roost to crush the "egg"... Those light bulbs made a big mess!

Comment

My mom would take eagle claw hooks and tie a line to the closest tree leaving a little slack. She would put the hook in the egg so it only left a small hole. The next morning we would have a snake on a string. Remington .22 took care of them.

Comment

Ceramic eggs work good. Those suckers will scare the krap out of you when you open up a nesting box!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X