Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 - wood riser Browning compound with a fiberglass bear arrow and a blue bear razorhead. The bow is long gone but I still have a few of the arrrows.

Comment

Started out lobbing Snuffers with those ridiculous glue-on inserts from a $70 Pawn Shop wooden Browning X-Cellerator.
      I eventually landed one in a pig.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	125grainSnuffers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	24526391

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
        Cheap Allen 3 blades from Wal Mart
        Same here the cheapest out there Allen. I do not recommend to anyone.

Comment

Shuttle T-Lock, On a fat doe in Wisconsin. Cant remember the year, but those broad heads had just come out.

Comment

Zwickey 125gr 2 blade from a 65# @ 31.5" Sporting Chance longbow. One jack rabbit at 25 yards.

Comment

Bear Razor

Comment

125gn rage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

NAP 125 GR Shockwave over the top expandibles. Had no guidance at all. But I killed with it!

Comment

Old school muzzy 3 blade... bought it by calling cabelas and giving them the code out of the book to order the head and a few other items

Comment

125 grain Rocky Mountain

Comment

G5 Montec 100 gr on a doe in Haskell County.

Comment

Spitfire

Comment

Great thread! Have enjoyed reading through it so far!!!

My first bow kill was not with a broadhead, but just a wooden shaft field point out of an old Bear target bow... not even sure what the model was... Was in the winter of about 1965 or so... It was cold and I took the screen off my bedroom window, put some bread pieces out and whacked a sparrow on the first shot!! My mamma got mad at me... said I was bein' cruel puttin' out food and then shooting the birds that came for it... She made me clean what was left of that little sucker, fried it and I ate it... Was actually tasty as I recall...

My first broadhead kill was a big ol' swamp rabbit I got with my Bear Whitetail hunter recurve shooting a cedar shaft with a Zwickey Black Diamond filed to a chisel point... Dang rabbit ran off with my arra, but ran into a 'diller hole and I found him by hearing the arra slapping the brush at the top of the hole as he struggled inside the hole. I pulled him out and by that time he was almost dedd... I proudly took him home, cleaned him and my mamma made smothered rabbit n gravy... first time I fed the family... To this day, that was one of the proudest moments I had as a kid... I was still in high school so that must have been around '69 or so...

Sure been a lot of animals died from arrows I launched since then...

Again, sure have enjoyed reading y'all's stories to this point... keep 'em comin' BT, thanks for starting this thread way back then...

Comment

I have really enjoyed seeing how everyone got started. I love hearing the bowhunting stories.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Great thread! Have enjoyed reading through it so far!!!

My first bow kill was not with a broadhead, but just a wooden shaft field point out of an old Bear target bow... not even sure what the model was... Was in the winter of about 1965 or so... It was cold and I took the screen off my bedroom window, put some bread pieces out and whacked a sparrow on the first shot!! My mamma got mad at me... said I was bein' cruel puttin' out food and then shooting the birds that came for it... She made me clean what was left of that little sucker, fried it and I ate it... Was actually tasty as I recall...

My first broadhead kill was a big ol' swamp rabbit I got with my Bear Whitetail hunter recurve shooting a cedar shaft with a Zwickey Black Diamond filed to a chisel point... Dang rabbit ran off with my arra, but ran into a 'diller hole and I found him by hearing the arra slapping the brush at the top of the hole as he struggled inside the hole. I pulled him out and by that time he was almost dedd... I proudly took him home, cleaned him and my mamma made smothered rabbit n gravy... first time I fed the family... To this day, that was one of the proudest moments I had as a kid... I was still in high school so that must have been around '69 or so...

Sure been a lot of animals died from arrows I launched since then...

Again, sure have enjoyed reading y'all's stories to this point... keep 'em comin' BT, thanks for starting this thread way back then...
                                Good stuff. It sure was a lot of fun getting started into Archery.
                                Thank you, Sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X