Church Shooting Sutherland Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
    Not a tough guy. I don't think I injected politics into this My point was that you know that Judges don't just get to release people when they feel like it. There isn't some other hidden system of justice. A Judge or jury heard the evidence and sentenced him.

No judge went back later and "released" him early. His sentence expired. These are facts.

Judges released hundreds of thousands of criminals released back to streets?

Medicate and release?

Miket,

If you're mentally ill but competent you stand trial.

If you're mentally ill and incompetent you are sent to a facility where you are forcefully medicated until you regain competence and then you stand trial.

If you don't regain competency you are not released.

No one gets a released or reduced sentence because they are mentally ill.
    The fact that any judge gave this POS a 1 yr sentence for breaking a 5 year old skull is all anyone needs to know about our justice system. Weak liberal judges and liberal teachers and professors are killing this country.

Comment

Wasn’t it a courts martial? Who decides sentence judge or members?

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
        The fact that any judge gave this POS a 1 yr sentence for breaking a 5 year old skull is all anyone needs to know about our justice system. Weak liberal judges and liberal teachers and professors are killing this country.
        Not our justice system actually. Military justice system, not defined by the same set of laws and codes. All by the UCMJ. Still should've gotten more time

Yayyyy! we have another pissing match

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
          Wasn’t it a courts martial? Who decides sentence judge or members?
          Clearly he was tried in a military court. If you're fine with a tribunal, judge, member or jury giving him one year for beating his wife and cracking his 5 yr old stepsons skull then there is really no need for further discussion. The military also just let a deserter go free. To me it all falls under our countries judicial system whether its military or not. He committed several heinous acts prior to this shooting.

Comment

Unbelievable...

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
            Well this is comforting.

-Devin Kelley, father of the assassin

Ever consider it was the actions of your son who destroyed your grandchildren's lives? I wonder where the kid got his feeling of being a victim.

Comment

Little church in Sutherland Springs will have services this Sunday in the community building next door. The church will be torn down in the future.

On a side note here, there has been some people scamming around here selling stuffed animals and such. Please be careful with donations.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Little church in Sutherland Springs will have services this Sunday in the community building next door. The church will be torn down in the future.

On a side note here, there has been some people scamming around here selling stuffed animals and such. Please be careful with donations.
                Anyone looking to turn a profit/scam over this tragedy should have their teeth rearranged.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                  Air Force is gonna get sued for negligence.
                  I can see it now.

If the Air Force would have followed protocol then Academy wouldnot have sold him the guns.
                  Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
                  If you can see that you should have your vision checked.

The Air Force will not be sued over this.

You must gain permission from the government to sue it, and I don't see that happening here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Really?
                  I hear of cities getting sued all the time and cutting checks to settle out of court.
                  Didn't some women sue the Air Force (or was it the Navy???) for a "culture of systemic sexual harassment"?

But you should google: FTCA
                  Cities are not the same as the federal government...

Do you understand the tort claims process?

Not really

Comment

Administrative (or more commonly referred to within JAG - Tort) claims are not lawsuits. A claimant may have an attorney represent them during the tort claims process.

It looks like a lazy headline writer (or one with a sensationalist bent) since it looks like the reporter got it right in the story.

In order to sue one must go through the tort claims process first and the government may or may not allow a lawsuit to proceed if the tort claims process doesn't lead to a satisfactory conclusion for all parties.

Bottom line, you still need permission from the government to sue the government.

Comment

Another antagonistic post from the absolute most antagonistic member in TBH history. And on such tragic story at that.

Comment

Administrative (or more commonly referred to within JAG - Tort) claims are not lawsuits. A claimant may have an attorney represent them during the tort claims process.

It looks like a lazy headline writer (or one with a sensationalist bent) since it looks like the reporter got it right in the story.

In order to sue one must go through the tort claims process first and the government may or may not allow a lawsuit to proceed if the tort claims process doesn't lead to a satisfactory conclusion for all parties.

Bottom line, you still need permission from the government to sue the government.

Yep.

"Under the Federal Tort Claims Act, a plaintiff must first file an administrative claim with the federal agency responsible for the alleged misconduct. The agency has six months to rule on it. In some cases, the agency may “admit” the claim — agree that the claim is valid — and agree to pay out a settlement, negating the need to go to court.

If it denies the claim, the plaintiff has six months to sue in federal court. Cases against the government have a higher standard than regular negligence cases for proving culpability, legal analysts note."

Comment

Working...
                        X