Stiffler...no mas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stiffler...no mas!

When we first got on this ranch, this buck was one of the first ones that caught our attention; he had a distinct common base off his left beam. I can’t remember who named him, but this buck was known as Stiffler. We have seen Stiffler throughout the years and he had a better set of antlers last year at 6.5. JJac has some good pictures and video of him. Recently, he has been a regular at one of the feeders in close proximity to the camp house. This is great for me because I am normally running in and out and can slide in for a quick hunt. This weekend with the wind being out of the NW, I quickly set up a double bull in a small thicket and hoped for the best. I hunted him yesterday evening and he was a no show. I didn’t make it this morning since we had to get a client to the airport. This evening, the last of the regular season, I snuck into the blind about 4:15 and hoped for the best. I had a group of orphans in front of me since their moms were sent to the big house (DMP Pens).

I was texting a buddy of mine when I see one of the fawns look left and walk away from my hand corn. As I glanced through the mesh, I made him out through the brush, coming straight to my throw corn that I had placed behind a tree 15 yards from my blind. I dropped my phone and grabbed my bow, as I saw his shadow coming into view, I drew. He placed his head behind the tree and in an instant the Blackhawk Vapor tipped with a Slick Trick launched. HOD (Hiss of Death) on the way!!!! As the arrow blew through him, I saw a gallon of blood pour out…I immediately thought….heart! I sent a quick text; got him, back to my buddy who was like what the hell, you just told me a few seconds ago he was a no show. It all happened in less than 20 seconds, I didn’t even have time to get nervous. I snuck out and went back to camp, after 20 long minutes, I followed blood for about 50 yards and I decided to back out. I went to the kennels and loaded up Sadie and Digger..just in case. Shortly after, my brother in law showed up we took the track prior to dropping the dogs. As we walked I noticed the blood trail getting better and better…I knew he couldn’t be far. As I rounded a turn and tucked under a mesquite limb, their he laid on the trail…

In less than 40 minutes the coyotes were already on him. This buck aged at 7.5 and had 13 scorable points. He rough scored 152 5/8. Words still cannot express how I feel….The legendary Stiffler is no mas!!!

Not the best pic but what I have for now...thanks for following along!!!

Jerryg

nice buck, congrats!!!

Comment

Very nice....congrats

Comment

Great write up and congrats Jerry!

Comment

nice buck

Comment

That's a thick horned old feller. Congratulations!

Comment

Nice Buck. Congrats.

Comment

Very nice buck. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice Jerry! Congrats

Comment

Nice deer. Congrats.

Comment

Way to seal the deal on the legendary Stiffler! I couldn't be more excited for you, it is well deserved after the blood sweat and tears over the years! Patience is virtue, resulting in a special trophy for you in the end. Huge congrats bud!

P.S.- Mims and I named him..

"Stiffler no mas!"

Comment

That is a great buck and story! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on taking another great buck!

Comment

Like all the mass! Congrats Jerry

Comment

Congrats!! That is a cool looking buck!

Comment

Working...
                              X