No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure they did the heli shoot last year as well.

Comment

Well I went out to #7 on Friday from around 3 until dark. It sure was good to be back in the woods. I saw a bunch of deer 18-20 of them. No pigs

Took my son out at lunch today and drove to 7, 6. I ran into Paintman and his son, good to meet you guys.

Drove over to #5 and then went home.

May try to go out this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
        the 9 pigs that were picked up were still alive and finished off with bowie knives in the taylor park area, my friend who lives out near the lake just so happened to be at taylor park when the helo came by blasting, and they had a whitr pick up truck with a guy in the back with an ar-15 shooting them as well, i'll bet yall will like that? after the helo guys and the truck left my friends red and richard went behind the bathroom at taylor park where the boats park there trailors and stated there were dead and wounded hogs everywhere, all the hogs moved to taylor and wilson fox park area they were smart until helo jerks showed up! and to also add the private lanowners did not allow the hunters to kill off on private land adjacent to wma cause no one wanted to pay those jerks 250 bucks an hour, johnny told me this! so just our pigs were killed, landowners to cheap!!!
        They dont charge us anything to fly our land. They just did not make the offer this year. You are obviously completely ignorant on the issue!!

Comment

I was also told by a park ranger not sure who he was but a very nice black gentleman with a lil pug dog in the truck that if the heli flew over private land that the LANDOWNER had th pay the 250 an hour.

Comment

Was out at #6 this past weekend. I only saw one hog moving quickly towards Willis Creek. Not enough daylight left to track it down.

There sure were a lot of teenagers running around making all kinds of noise though. They had bows like they were hunting, but were singing, talking real loud, and stomping around like a herd of elephants.

Comment

It makes me angry that they slaughtered those animals. There are plenty of families in williamson county that really could use the meat. Instead of having those guys fly over they should have put together a hunt for the hungry and got a bunch of people to show up one weekend and put a hurt on the hog population that way. What a waste and doesnt do much for the image of hunting.

Comment

orange

From what I read on TXPW's website, hunter's orange is required at the Granger WMA. Is this correct? The majority of hunters I saw last weekend were not wearing it.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gbeard View Post
                  They dont charge us anything to fly our land. They just did not make the offer this year. You are obviously completely ignorant on the issue!!
                  x2

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post
                    I was also told by a park ranger not sure who he was but a very nice black gentleman with a lil pug dog in the truck that if the heli flew over private land that the LANDOWNER had th pay the 250 an hour.
                    Nope they do it completely for free. That must have been Johny that you talked to. He is not a park ranger. I cant see him telling a lie so I must assume that maybe he was misinformed by someone.

Comment

He might have been misinformed then I stopped and talked to him the day of the shoot and that's what he told me. The truck he was in had park ranger on the side I'm pretty sure so just assumed he was a park ranger. Did they fly yalls land this year? It looked like they stayed mostly on the WMA but its kinda hard to tell.

Comment

ooops didn't see the part about them not offering it this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova24 View Post
                          From what I read on TXPW's website, hunter's orange is required at the Granger WMA. Is this correct? The majority of hunters I saw last weekend were not wearing it.

Thanks.
                          What's that have to do with anything ?

Comment

Originally posted by Team me View Post
                            What's that have to do with anything ?
                            sounds like he was asking a question,the answer is yes hunter orange is required,and yes nobody wears it,if you feel like taking that chance,i havnt heard of anyone getting a ticket but im not going to be the first

Comment

Sorry, I took that the wrong way. Some guy stopped this weekend and while I was loading my gear and stuff and told me it was required. I told him to find something else to worry about. I wear mine 90% of the time.

Comment

Found this stand down. Wind knocked it down the hill. I tried to pull it up but, it's way to heavy. Think it came from that bald spot there. Be glad to help ya get it back up if ya need the help. Also found a flashlight right at my feet here so im assuming its the same persons.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Team me; 02-07-2011, 08:54 PM. Reason: forgot

Comment

Working...
                                X