Wireless mic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless mic

I just bought a Sony PD150 and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a wireless microphone. I posted this earlier but can't find it....huh!
    Thanks

Like Pat alluded to in your other thread, there are many different models and price ranges to choose from, so the first question would be how much are you looking to spend?

I started out (and still use for my hunting setups) with the Azden WLX-Pro lapel mic and have had good success at cutting down on wind noise (the major problem I've had in hunting setups). The drawback is that it only records in mono, so any higher quality stereo sound would require using a different setup. However, at $140 for the package, it's a great starter kit.

We used the Senheizer lapel mics for the IAATV DVD and they are very nice...but the come with the price tag too ($600 for one setup). If you are looking for professional quality sound you want to look at something similar to these, but if you want good quality sound without the price tag, take a look at the Azden WLX line. You can easily copy a mono track to the left or right sides to mimic the stereo effect in your editing software.

Comment

The main thing that you need to look for is if getting two that they do not conflict with each other. Make sure no matter what price level you are going, you ensure that there are at a minimum two different channel presets. I have a high quality $900.00 mic and a low end $240.00 set. Used them this weekend and for the challenge and for the most part the audio was very close. More adjustments on the mic for the high end one, but both of the served the purpose.

Also on the audio track issue from above, I have the PD170 and I believe the 150 has the same option up on the shotgun mic, but you can record to both audio chan 1 and 2. I have mine seperated, but that is an option if you need both channels. For hunting, I would not do that, as your shotgun mic is recording ambient sounds which are great. Having two wireless hooked up will eleminate those sounds to an extent if the hunter is in a blind. I wanted this weekend to get the turkey gobble and had to uphook one mic and rehook the shotgun to get that sound.

Comment

Thanks guys, this is the kind of stuff I was needing to know.

Comment

Hope it helped. Let me know if you need any help with the camera. Mine is close, just a few more gadgets. PM me for a cell number.

Comment

Jmoore, what Microphone did you end up going with? I'm currently in the buyers market. I've got to have something that will definately complement my camera.

Comment

Working...
            X