Best Fire Ant Killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    A magnifying glass and a lot of spare time.
    Organic too

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      Anytime man
      Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Buckrider View Post
        Orthos, the stuff smells like a bad fart but kills mine..
        the ortho orthene works the best for me too. Kills the whole mound quickly. Just checked mounds I treated yesterday and they were already wiped out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
          I use this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by huntresss View Post
          Acephate! I'm stockpiling the stuff so when they ban it, I'll still have some. It works that good.

A little research showed that these were both the same product, given the 2 suggesting it I ordered 2ea!

Comment

Originally posted by JacobTyler View Post
            Gas works good
            True, but nothing will grow where you poured the gas...don’t ask me how I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
              DIY ... Dawn dishwashing detergent mixed with warm water
              That's what I spray wasps with. Chokes em down quite well!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckrider View Post
                Orthos, the stuff smells like a bad fart but kills mine..
                Hence why I use the Bayer Fire ant powder that is just line the Ortho but it has no smell, it sticks to the ants better so I believe that the ants then carry it down into the mound with it stuck to them and it starts killing others maybe also getting the queen. Ortho does not stick as well onto the ants as best I can tell. Ugh, sideways photos .....why oh why..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3599.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	24538307

RD
                Last edited by ranchdog; 04-24-2018, 06:17 AM.

Comment

My dad treats just the mounds with that nasty smelling stuff. Seems like he just chases the mounds around his yard all year. I keep telling him to get something he can broadcast and treat the whole yard. Guess he likes the chase? I think that stuff kills most of the ants, but the ones further down , just relocate.

Comment

Mixed the orthene with corn meal in a ziploc. Placed it on four of the red ant mounds at our feedpens near the feeders in March and came back three weeks later......they are now ghost towns. If they relocated, I'm good with that. There are a million other villages they can take hold in for the horny toads. I just don't want them at our feedpens for when we work at night and folks aren't as aware of their location. Been a few folks get zapped in the dark and we at least curtailed that for now. Smell doesn't bother me working with it outdoors. Used to be around it a lot working at a lawn and garden place some in college..

Comment

Cornmeal.

Comment

If you're where you can boil water: Boiling hot water does the trick quickly, cheaply, and efficiently.

Comment

All that stuff works. If it's in an area that I don't mind damaging the grass, I'll boil a pot of water and slowly pour it into the mound. It's very....enjoyable coming out the next morning and seeing millions of dead fire ants.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonR6ryda View Post
                            Please forgive my sideways picture but the pyrethrin concentrate works really well in my yard

Yes & less mosquitoes too!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Cornmeal.

Negative. My ants love that crap!

Comment

For large acreage, use Extinguish plus....you can get it through Solutions at 25 lbs for $200. I believe you spread it 2 pounds per acre....

Comment

Working...
                                X