Pit bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    Im personal friends with a veterinarian, in the hill country, who is also a dog bite investigator for the state. He has been doing that job for 25+ years.. The stories he can tell you about Pitts and Rotwielers attacks, and the things he has witnessed, will give you goose bumps.. Chows aren't to be taken lightly either...

My opinion about these breeds should be obvious but my opinion doesn't matter. They are legal and probably always will be but I'm sure if Trump owned one the libs would be trying to get them irraticated... Hmmm..

But those poodles???? Straight up MAN EATERS.
    You are right about the Chows. We had one when I was a kid and that mofo would bite any and everyone. Finally snapped one to many times at my grandpa and he fed him some led. Def a breed to not play around with.

Comment

There's a big difference between a little dog that yaps like crazy and nips at your heels and a big strong dog that snaps, kills you and eats you. I don't car much for the former, but I have no use at all for the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
        I'm sure there are many nice pit bulls kept without incident by responsible owners.

CDC records on fatal dog-bite incidents between 1979 and 1996 list the breed of "pit bulls" as responsible for 60 deaths -- double the next breed, Rottweilers, with 29, while German Shepherds killed 19 over that timeframe.

Draw your own conclusions.

The numbers are worse than that now. Pittbulls make up only 9% of dogs owned, but kill more humans than all others combined. They kill other pets more than all others combined. They maul humans more than all other breeds combined. This year alone, there have been over 20 fatalities caused by "pittbull type" dogs, meaning that some were pittbull mixed dogs.
        Again,owners get emotional and defensive about them. I guess they have to, because there is no logical argument when looking at the facts. There are dozens of breeds that are more compatible as pets, with better statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
          The numbers are worse than that now. Pittbulls make up only 9% of dogs owned, but kill more humans than all others combined. They kill other pets more than all others combined. They maul humans more than all other breeds combined. This year alone, there have been over 20 fatalities caused by "pittbull type" dogs, meaning that some were pittbull mixed dogs.
          Again,owners get emotional and defensive about them. I guess they have to, because there is no logical argument when looking at the facts. There are dozens of breeds that are more compatible as pets, with better statistics.
          The argument you stated sounds exactly like a liberal trying to prove gun laws is the direction we need to go as far as banning assault rifles. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
            The argument you stated sounds exactly like a liberal trying to prove gun laws is the direction we need to go as far as banning assault rifles. Lol

Owning a useless dog is not protected by the constitution like owning a gun is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
              Owning a useless dog is not protected by the constitution like owning a gun is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I agree dogs aren't protected.... but it's still hiding behind the same arguments as a liberal would use

Comment

I agree dogs aren't protected.... but it's still hiding behind the same arguments as a liberal would use

One is a living, breathing animal. The other is an inanimate object. There are no parallels here. One is not like the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  One is a living, breathing animal. The other is an inanimate object. There are no parallels here. One is not like the other.
                  lol it's funny how y'all pick and choose. It's either one or the other. You can't have it both ways.... we have plenty other rifles to hunt with, just like we have plenty other breeds of dogs to choose as a pet. I own a bulldog because guess what I can. Just the same as an ar-15. I own one, because guess what I can. You can't dance around the fact that y'all are using the same argument as liberal when it comes down to this subject.

Comment

lol it's funny how y'all pick and choose. It's either one or the other. You can't have it both ways.... we have plenty other rifles to hunt with, just like we have plenty other breeds of dogs to choose as a pet. I own a bulldog because guess what I can. Just the same as an ar-15. I own one, because guess what I can. You can't dance around the fact that y'all are using the same argument as liberal when it comes down to this subject.
                    I don't think they should be banned, I was simply pointing out you can't compare a pit bull to an AR15. It's two completely different things. To act like there are parallels there is being intellectually dishonest.

If you want to own a pit, have at it. Just be a responsible owner. That way, if anyone gets harmed, it will only be you.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      I don't think they should be banned, I was simply pointing out you can't compare a pit bull to an AR15. It's two completely different things. To act like there are parallels there is being intellectually dishonest.

If you want to own a pit, have at it. Just be a responsible owner. That way, if anyone gets harmed, it will only be you.
                      I'm saying some people are hiding behind the same logic of the argument.... it's the same logic. To not see that is intellectually dishonest.

Comment

I'm saying some people are hiding behind the same logic of the argument.... it's the same logic. To not see that is intellectually dishonest.
                        No, the same logic is pit owners getting upset due to not being able to accept the facts. That's the same logic as the liberals.

Comment

So you should be treated the same way you would if you killed someone with your AR15 if your dog kills someone? You can’t have it both ways.

Comment

Pit bulls

No, because unlike liberals blaming all murders on assault rifles, I have numbers to prove that's a lie. In the case of pittbulls killing humans more than all other breeds, I have facts to back that up. Liberals don't deal in facts. They deal in emotional illogical responses. Like many pittbull owners do.
                            Last edited by Lostacresranch; 12-27-2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
                              So you should be treated the same way you would if you killed someone with your AR15 if your dog kills someone? You can’t have it both ways.
                              Hahahah nice try...... you see the funny thing is when we have these shootings and the liberals come after gun rights, the number one argument is mental disorder, crazy person, I teach my kids how to handle a weapon they know better then that, etc and so on ........ that's our fight against the liberals for their " you don't need assault rifles they are bad they have a repeat history in violence attacks"...... same goes for the people who support pitbulls, bulldogs, rottys, and other " vicious" breeds. We say that it's the owner, it's the dogs fault he had something in his head wrong, etc and so on. And y'all rebuttal with, it's always the same breed coming up in the news, the have a history with violent attacks blah blah blah, etc and so on. So you see. On this particular argument y'all pit bull haters find in convienent to jump the fence and stand on the box that the liberals use against us. For myself I stay on my side of the fence and pro claim that some dogs just go crazy, some are raised wrong, some never have a problem. I'm not blaming the breed. I don't think we should kill off the breed. I don't think we should ban the breed. I'm just pointing out a funny fact that some of y'all like to flip flop with the liberal views. Which is fine. I just think it's funny...... I'm sure I have a lot of errors in this post, I'm typing off my phone. So you can save the " your a redneck hillbilly who can not spell, write, of course you support pit bulls"

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
                                No, because unlike liberals blaming all murders on assault rifles, I have numbers to prove that's a lie. In the case of pittbulls killing humans more than all other breeds, I have facts to back that up. Liberals don't deal in facts. They deal in emotional illogical responses. Like many pittbull owners do.
                                Well let's hear the facts.

Comment

Working...
                                X