No announcement yet.

Hamburger recipe /cooking method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add your seasonings and vacuum seal the patties. Sous Vide to rare but long enough to be safe then finish in a hot cast iron skillet.

Comment

Two pounds of ground venison, 1 can drained rotel, worcestershire sauce, Tony's, chopped onions if you like them. Patty and grill..

Comment

Originally posted by Mann Eye-Ashley View Post
        Season the meat with garlic powder, onion powder, Slap ya mama, pepper, cayenne, Grub Rub. .
        I know this is probably stating the obvious but Slap Yo Mama is cayenne, onion powder, and garlic powder plus some.....and Grub Rub is onion powder, black pepper and garlic powder plus some.....so you could probably save some steps by doing more of one or the other and leaving out some of the indvidual ingredients......

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I know this is probably stating the obvious but Slap Yo Mama is cayenne, onion powder, and garlic powder plus some.....and Grub Rub is onion powder, black pepper and garlic powder plus some.....so you could probably save some steps by doing more of one or the other and leaving out some of the indvidual ingredients......
          I like ALL of it and MORE!!

Comment

I agree with using eggs to hold meat together. I like to use Lipton Onion Soup mix also with the ground venison. A great all-around wild game seasoning I use for lots of my game is Cavendars Greek seasoning.

Comment

Take a pound of 80/20 or 85/15 and cut it in half. Don't form it into a patty except to round the edges. Season to taste. Heat skillet to medium and use a lid. Leave the center a bit pink.

Comment

Brett, just invite Chelsea and I over one weekend and we'll knock out some good burgers...get the cast iron skillet ready!

Comment

Following this one.

Comment

Fiestas Hamburger Deluxe seasoning is pretty hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
                      Regardless of ingredients you throw in the meat, a cast iron skillet is the best. If I have time, I'll actually sear the meat on iron then put them in the oven, similar to how some make a steak. I'm at the point where I've thought about selling my grill. I reverse sear all my steaks, and about a month ago switched my burgers over. Very rarely do I fire up the grill any longer.

J

Same here. The only time I fire the grill up is when I have a bunch of people over and we hang out by the pool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If using venison burger I'll add a tbsp of bacon drippings /lb or an egg if being health conscious. Drippings need to be in solid not as liquid to avoid a greasy burger. Make patties and dust with s&p and bit of Cavendars Greek seasoning. For juicy patties I'll use iron skillet. You can grill but use high heat and don't cook well done.

Comment

Season to taste I use salt and pepper (might steal some of these ideas) key is charcoal not gas grill and DON'T SMASH you smash out all the juice I cook to medium slight pink inside

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                            I like the Worcestershire and Lipton onion soup mix over mesquite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I do, cept I cook over live oak coals. Plus black pepper and Japs.

Comment

About a third pound patty, just salt and pepper both sides. Cook it hot and quick in a cast iron skillet. Don't be mashing around on the patty while cooking. Good and brown and carmelized on side, flip it, put cheese on if you want. Carmelize on the flip side. Cover with aluminum pie plate a few seconds to melt your jalapeno jack cheese. EAT IT

Comment

Originally posted by chief262 View Post
                                Fiestas Hamburger Deluxe seasoning is pretty hard to beat.
                                Just picked some up yesterday because I can never get them to turn out great. I have always been happy with the Fiesta lineup.

Comment

Working...
                                X