Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2019....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you're better, and getting back to it, coldgas!
    Today was survive for 5 challenge. 10 reps, then rest 10 seconds, for 5 minutes.
    Push-ups.
    Tubing curls.
    Tubing tricep overhead push aways.
    Bodyweight squats.
    Inverted rows.
    Tubing shoulder press.
    Made 5 minutes on everything except push-ups and inverted rows. Made close to 3 minutes on each of those.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Monday gym day was pretty good. Legs and back supersets after a treadmill warmup, 3 warmup sets and 3 working sets.

Bilateral lat pull-down/seated calf raise toes straight
      Low row supinated grip/prone leg curl
      V-bar pullups/goblet squat
      Plank row/seated leg press/calf raise toes in
      Cable rotation/cable crunch/ab wheel

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        4 days in a row.
        Tomorrow in the am will be 5 and then flying out to Little Rock so Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday will be the challenge to keep it going while out of town.
        Missed a couple days in Little Rock unfortunately but still going since I’ve been back
        Did a stupid CrossFit class Saturday that my legs are fried from
        Yesterday was 2.5 mile jog plus arms
        This morning was just chest

Tomorrow is back

Comment

It's been a while since I've been in this thread well, on this site to be honest. Switched gyms back in February. 24 Hr got to be to much of a crap hole and by crap hole, I mean toilet paper all over the bathroom like a 10 yo. wrapped a house on the weekend. Some had blood and some had poop on it as well. Switched to Lifetime Athletics by Baybrook. Took up Olympic lifting again. Got a trainer to help out with form and let me tell you what, it is one killer workout. My upper back has never felt so abused, in a good way. The cardio needs for this lifting was an eye opener. Slowly moving up in lb's lifted. In no hurry. Working mainly on form and technique. Today is cardio this evening and tomorrow will be snatch work and Wed will be Clean and Jerk work. Y'all keep on lifting. Good to see this thread moving.

Comment

Complex training. Each combo is done as a rep, 3 sets of 8.
            Tubing squat to standing row + tubing squat to straight arm pushdowns + reverse lunge to pulldown.
            DB pullover + DB bench press + DB skull crushers + DB crunch.
            Front lunge with DB press + side lunge with DB curl + reverse lunge with DB reverse chop.
            21 crunch + heels to heaven + v up + hands free tuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
              Complex training. Each combo is done as a rep, 3 sets of 8.
              Tubing squat to standing row + tubing squat to straight arm pushdowns + reverse lunge to pulldown.
              DB pullover + DB bench press + DB skull crushers + DB crunch.
              Front lunge with DB press + side lunge with DB curl + reverse lunge with DB reverse chop.
              21 crunch + heels to heaven + v up + hands free tuck.

That's a good way to get the heart rate up. Looks pretty tough.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                That's a good way to get the heart rate up. Looks pretty tough.
                I wasn't expecting it to be that tough... I was wrong! This program is all over the place. Different type of training each week.

Comment

Chest and biceps day. Treadmill warmup followed by three warmup sets and 3-4 working sets of 8-10 reps supersetting.

Benchpress/barbell curl warmup
                  Bilateral incline chest press/hammer curl bar
                  Inverse grip bench press/preacher curl
                  Incline fly/incline dumbbell curl
                  Pushups/overhead cable curl

Legs and shoulders day tomorrow.

Comment

Legs and shoulders day. Treadmill warmup and 3 warmup sets of leg extensions and lateral raises followed by 3 working sets of 8-10 reps.

Bilateral shoulder press/seated calf raise toes straight
                    Lateral raise/prone leg curl
                    Upright row/leg extension
                    Incline real delt fly/seated leg press/calf raise toes in
                    Dumbbell shrug/cable rotation

Comment

Yesterday was back plus 2.25 miles
                      Today was arms plus 2.5 miles
                      Tomorrow is either legs or shoulders.... Maybe both.... But my legs are still fried from Saturday

Comment

I freaking did it... I did legs willingly yesterday! First time in a long time lol

Chest and core today

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          I freaking did it... I did legs willingly yesterday! First time in a long time lol

Chest and core today

Good for you! I'm not a big fan of leg days either. Two foot surgeries, two knee surgeries and a hip replacement have diminished my ability to have really good leg days, but hasn't diminished my WANT to do legs.

Good old arse kicking today! It amazes me how much better I feel with one more hour of sleep. Giant sets today to catch up for missing yesterday. Chest, back and triceps 3X8-10. Arthritis is acting up a little today in my elbows, but I pushed through it. Treadmill warmup then three warmup sets of bench press machine, lat pulldown and tricep pushdowns.

Flat bench dumbell press/plank row/bodyweight dips
                          Cable fly/bent over barbell row supinated grip/skull crusher
                          Wide grip chest press/v-bar pullups/overhead cable extension
                          Tricep cable kickback/cable rotations

Ya'll have a great weekend!

Comment

Yeah, sleep is the key! I took about an 1.5 hour nap yesterday and then made it to bed by 2100. Sleep was a tad bit restless, but I did sleep. 1.5 hours gym time this morning and it was a good one. Back and legs supersets Some 5X5 and some 3X8 depending on the exercise. Treadmill warmup and 3 warmup sets of lat pull downs and leg extensions.

T-bar row/seated calf raise
                            Prone leg curl/V-bar lat pulldown
                            Hack squat/Inverse grip plank row
                            Body weight ring pullup/bilateral leg extension
                            Med ball situps/ab wheel

Comment

6/22 was arms and core plus 2.25 miles
                              6/23 was a freaking awesome back workout with deadlifts. Worked it up to 300 and back down. Threw in 10 mins on the stair master and 20 mins in the sauna

Today was a shoulder work out in the dark because of the storms

Tomorrow is Arms and core before flying out to El Paso

Comment

I missed it yesterday, but made it today. Chest and biceps supersets after a treadmill walk and three warmup sets of cable fly and dumbbell curls.

Bench press/Z-bar curl
                                Seated wide grip chest press/Hammer curl bar
                                Incline bench press/preacher curl
                                Incline fly/overhead cable curl
                                Cable rotations/balance ball crunches/dumbbell curls

Comment

Working...
                                X