Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WY Elk Draw

Anybody draw?

Some interesting results from what I've seen posted. Point creep in some and the regular draw paid off better for some also.
    Might have better odds next year as it looks like many burned their PP.
    How bout you? We don't find out til June as residents.

Comment

I did not apply. I'm sitting on 7 points, and, from what I've read, I may need all of them to draw a GEN tag in the future.

Comment

Just points for me

Comment

I drew General Elk. I had 3 pref points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Next year should be better and hopefully your PP will get you a better than general area.
            I know a good archery area, rifle too, when you get to 9 PP, no grizz or wolves.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
              I did not apply. I'm sitting on 7 points, and, from what I've read, I may need all of them to draw a GEN tag in the future.

They are going away from Gen tag next year. From what I was told it will be a unit draw like Colorado. I think that’s why so many people put in this year as next they will have to specify their hunt unit.

Comment

My unit just keeps creeping away.. Stayed still for a couple years then a couple big bulls were shot and it's off to the races lol

Can't wait to cash in and be done with this crappy state

Comment

I didn’t draw general with 2 points.

Comment

You should plan a summer fishing trip and come scout it out. Have an area picked out?

Comment

Just points again. Sitting on 11 now. Ready to draw big next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
                        Just points again. Sitting on 11 now. Ready to draw big next year.
                        Yah...I'd say. Max points going into the draw this year was 12. It's good to be you.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                          They are going away from Gen tag next year. From what I was told it will be a unit draw like Colorado. I think that’s why so many people put in this year as next they will have to specify their hunt unit.

Not sure where you heard that , no talks of that anywhere I've heard.
                          Price increase pushed the applicant increase this year.

Must be a crappy state for so many to want to hunt it huh.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                            Not sure where you heard that , no talks of that anywhere I've heard.

Price increase pushed the applicant increase this year.

Must be a crappy state for so many to want to hunt it huh.

I was told that by my uncle who is a resident guide there.

Never said anything about it being a crappy state. I’m very much looking forward to chasing elk up there.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                              I was told that by my uncle who is a resident guide there.

Never said anything about it being a crappy state. I’m very much looking forward to chasing elk up there.

I did.. It has one of the worst draw systems around.. I think California is the only one worse..

Why would you have a system with a non-weighted random draw? If you started putting in for Sheep or Moose you will NEVER get any closer to winning, no matter how many points you have.. Does that make sense?? Like, ***?

If I wasn't 6 points in I would tell WY to stick it

Comment

Working...
                              X