Right helical plus fixed blades....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right helical plus fixed blades....

Hey what's up bowfanatics, new to the site just decided to start this first thread. Been bowhunting for about 6 yrs now anywho, I shoot Easton axis 340 arrows with a right helical tipped with a muzzy phantom mx4 100 gr. When first sighting these broad heads they didn't group very well and kinda by accident I noticed that off setting the main two blades to the right down the helical my groups tightened up and I have my bow shooting the muzzys and my field points the same ( vector turbo 63# ). I was wondering if any of you all that shoot fixed blades plus helical have found this? im able to shoot the broadheads pretty much dead money out to 50...

More than likely what you did was to turn the heads enough to make them spin true on the shaft rather than having a slight wobble. There could have been an advantage,but highly unlikely. Lining up the blades with the fletching really does nothing or placing them at a certain place in relation to the fletching. A tuned bow, BH's that spin true on the shaft and a good helical on the fletching will get the best performance and BH's hitting close or right with hour FP's.

Comment

Yea I get u I just figured that the blade starting in unison with the spin rather than slightly working against it at the start. Yea they shoot darts and have been my ticket to success for two years. Thanks for input.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        More than likely what you did was to turn the heads enough to make them spin true on the shaft rather than having a slight wobble. There could have been an advantage,but highly unlikely. Lining up the blades with the fletching really does nothing or placing them at a certain place in relation to the fletching. A tuned bow, BH's that spin true on the shaft and a good helical on the fletching will get the best performance and BH's hitting close or right with hour FP's.
        IMO, this is THE most important aspect.

Comment

IMO those broadheads don't group as good as many others. I would advise shooting Rage or Swackers, they will fly much better but you still need to do spin test and bend insert by way of pulling on the BH to align correctlly. Once again IMO.

Comment

I don't trust expandable a I believe that having to to depend on your broad head deploying upon impact is a gamble I don't like to take. In my opinion I have read and seen what these expandable do to animals. But I like to know that when my broadhead hits it's gunna do exactly what I know it's gunna do specially with the size of hogs we have down south. Is there any other fixed blades you all love?

Comment

For fixed, I like Grim Reaper Hades

Comment

I'm with mudsligner on this. I don't use expandables, either. I hunt a lot of hogs and cut on contact - fixed blades are the way to go for me. I really prefer the G5 Montecs, although I am trying the G5 Strikers. I hate that it is hard to find replacement blades. I can get the Montecs ultra sharp, too.

Comment

I don't mean to sound like a cook..... But is IMO in my opinion?

Comment

You want to try a great flying, great penetrating BH, look a the Smoke Ramcat. 1 3/8" cut on the 100 grain and 1 1/2" on the 125. I will vouch for them on critters over here in the US and on critters in RSA! A lioness I shot was a 400 pounder shot at 42 yards with a full pass thru and only ran 40 yards, took 4 breaths and was done!

Comment

They look wicked! Never seen those they are fixed?

Comment

Yes they are fixed, but the blades are sharpened on the backside also and will rotate forward to a 90 degree angle to the ferrule. This is done to increase cutting ability if you do not get a full pass thru. This heads cuts going in and coming back out. That is it's design. It is not a mechanical like some say!

Comment

It's done I'm buying a 6 pack of them ASAP look like straight killers. U shoot yours with helical? And thanx so much for the advice from everyone I didn't think if get so much feedback

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                            They look wicked! Never seen those they are fixed?
                            They are the best penetrating multi blade fixed head on the market and the great part they fly like a mech...

Im working with Bret the owner to make a bigger Ramcat.

You can put the 125 grain head blades on the 100 grain head. It will weigh 108 grains and have a 1-1/2 cut and still fly like a mech.

Comment

For fixed, I like Grim Reaper Hades
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X