No announcement yet.

Euro in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a pic of mine that I did last year. Nothing but water int he bucket. Took about 4 - 5 weeks. I will have my deer from this year done either this week or next.

-john

Comment

Never tried adding the rid-x makes sense that would speed things up

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
        This one i buried and dug up later then clear coated... But, i used hanger wire and an eye screw to hold the lower jaw on. Put 2 eye screws in the lower jaw wrap the hanger wire over the top on that hole there and re attach to the other.. Now swivels open and you can position however you want.
        Hey, thanks Coach.

Comment

when degreaseing, does it stick bad? im wondering if i can do it at my apt complex and leave it in the balcony, with dawn soap and water. the bugs and birds already cleaned it to the bone.

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
            when degreaseing, does it stick bad? im wondering if i can do it at my apt complex and leave it in the balcony, with dawn soap and water. the bugs and birds already cleaned it to the bone.
            The degreasing shouldn't stink at all if your skull is properly cleaned. I degrease mine in my garage and can't smell it at all.

Comment

I just started this process. I might invest in a gas mask. Sounds pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Chaney View Post
                The degreasing shouldn't stink at all if your skull is properly cleaned. I degrease mine in my garage and can't smell it at all.
                starting after work then!! thanks

Comment

Okay fellows...I skinned mine and followed Wes's instructions. I removed the eyes and as much meat as possible. I submerged it in water with a fourth of a cup of rid-x on the 5th. I have left it alone. I checked on it last night and it still has alot of stuff on it. I tried the waterhose and that did not work.

Did I not use enough rid-x? How much is everyone else using? Should I just add more rid-x to the existing mixture or toss it and start over?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353419433.673073.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	24142404

Here is the before pic. Did I get enough off to start process or should I have done more?

Comment

Does it make a difference if it has been in the freezer since last year? I removed it from the freezer,thawed it, and skinned this one but does that make it take longer to process if it is not a fresh kill?
                      Last edited by Bowtechlady; 11-20-2012, 08:05 AM.

Comment

^no. Take it out of the freezer, thaw and euro process it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtechlady View Post
                          Did I not use enough rid-x? How much is everyone else using? Should I just add more rid-x to the existing mixture or toss it and start over?
                          I use a whole box and i make my container air tight , the warmer the better so leave it in the sun

Comment

Great Post !!
                            I want to mount my next one like that. And now I know how. Looks like it works great !

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtechlady View Post
                              Does it make a difference if it has been in the freezer since last year? I removed it from the freezer,thawed it, and skinned this one but does that make it take longer to process if it is not a fresh kill?
                              You used plenty Rid-X (you really don't need any)
                              The cooler weather has slowed the process. The hotter the weather, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                                You used plenty Rid-X (you really don't need any)
                                The cooler weather has slowed the process. The hotter the weather, the better.
                                Thanks Kevin! Warmer weather is returning so I will wait it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X